Joe Burrow Meet & Greet Today

4 hours ago, BengalBacker said:

Damn Ryan.

Just.... Damn!

:smoke:

only live once.

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

On that note Carson Palmer comes to mind.  Pre-injury he was the model of an NFL QB.  There's an alternate timeline where that guy is a 3 time SB MVP, first ballot HoF'er & probably running for Governor of California.  He had that kind of trajectory but I never felt like the team was fully behind him.

yea CP didnt take too well to not getting shit done around him as he wanted. as he had likely gotten his whole life, he made solid talent around him pro bowl level, as telling by none of them doing ANYTHING once leaving the bengals, but there was the coincidental never getting any pieces together at once, if the offense was rolling the defense was terrible, if the defense was killer the offense was playing a TE at FB and trying to make use of 35 yr old lavernious coles. 

there is a telling interview with CP about him wanting to draft Jordy Nelson, but the team said he was too slow, and CP said who cares look at those routes, etc..  bengals grabbed jerome simpson in the next round. keith rivers before nelson, simpson after. oof.

BUT cp can get fucked with his sour puss routine he has been on lately, no one cares how mistreated you were 12 years ago, the entire league, systems, coaches, bengals, decision makers, everything is long changed man, get over it and do your own thing.

3 hours ago, fluhartz said:

I am not an autograph guy, just never cared about them... but that shit is awesome!!!!!! 

i have been hot and cold with them for decades, at this point i am trying to find the most unique thing i can have, so the Voelker painting are great, 1/1 item, all mine. the superbowl ticket, if my suspicion is true that only the on location nfl packages are getting those, then thats like 1/4th of the stadium, those that are bengals fans, cut that in half, those keep fractioning that down to ones who want autographs, can afford them, and will get it done, thats likely to be a very rare item as well, AND i had him sign seat #9 to match jersey number.

I had a blown up sports illustrated cover framed and printed from SICOVERS.com but it arrived after the signing, that signed in white paint pen to match the jersey in the photo was gonna be my 4th item since i couldnt get a second painting, but ended up with jersey instead. the rookie card is just flat out an investment, sending it in to get slabbed, graded and authenticated. if he has a tom brady like career itll pay for kids student loans or first house down payments or soemthing.

6 hours ago, T-Dub said:

On that note Carson Palmer comes to mind.  Pre-injury he was the model of an NFL QB.  There's an alternate timeline where that guy is a 3 time SB MVP, first ballot HoF'er & probably running for Governor of California.  He had that kind of trajectory but I never felt like the team was fully behind him.

Considering he was sticking his dick in one of their wives, it is kind of understandable.

15 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Considering he was sticking his dick in one of their wives, it is kind of understandable.

Never heard it was the wife of someone with the team.  Used to kind of hope someone would throw all that in his face to put a sock in his constant whining but at this point who gives a shit.  He knows the truth well enough & has certainly dealt with any consequences.

18 hours ago, GoBengals said:

bengals grabbed jerome simpson in the next round. keith rivers before nelson, simpson after. oof.

I thought Rivers was starting to look the part right before that cheapshot from Hines Ward.  He wasn't the same player after.

Jerome Simpson...  Did a flip once? Oof indeed.

On 7/5/2022 at 12:58 PM, T-Dub said:

Never heard it was the wife of someone with the team.  Used to kind of hope someone would throw all that in his face to put a sock in his constant whining but at this point who gives a shit.  He knows the truth well enough & has certainly dealt with any consequences.

I thought Rivers was starting to look the part right before that cheapshot from Hines Ward.  He wasn't the same player after.

Jerome Simpson...  Did a flip once? Oof indeed.

ah yes, the wicked consequences of making 90+ million dollars in 7 years, vs the 84.6 he made in 8 years in cincy, and making and winning in the playoffs...  how will he sleep at night.

34 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

ah yes, the wicked consequences of making 90+ million dollars in 7 years, vs the 84.6 he made in 8 years in cincy, and making and winning in the playoffs...  how will he sleep at night.

Guessing the home life is (or was) a bit strained but who knows

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

Guessing the home life is (or was) a bit strained but who knows

yea i feel like that rumor was about marvin and then CP bailed right after and it magically got attached to him. as one member here who is long gone, sent it to me in a PM, about marvin, then magically he threw the shade at CP after he sat out...

water under the bridge for everyone. 

Jordan Palmer is one hell of a QB coach tho. burrow still uses him regularly

1 hour ago, GoBengals said:

yea i feel like that rumor was about marvin and then CP bailed right after and it magically got attached to him. as one member here who is long gone, sent it to me in a PM, about marvin, then magically he threw the shade at CP after he sat out...

water under the bridge for everyone. 

Jordan Palmer is one hell of a QB coach tho. burrow still uses him regularly

Well like you said, $100 million can smooth over a lot of problems.  

Kind of a surprise about Jordan, though. 

On 7/6/2022 at 6:07 PM, T-Dub said:

Well like you said, $100 million can smooth over a lot of problems.  

Kind of a surprise about Jordan, though. 

yea it seems pros get to that level based on one of two things, 1. incredible tallent. 2. increadible knowledge of the game, mechinics, attention to details. and oddly enough the Palmer family has one of each.

and even more oddly enough, Burrow has both.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived