Training Camp 2022 - Thread 1 - News and Obs 7/19 - 7/28

49 minutes ago, membengal said:

Pretty sure (completely sure, 100% sure ) that #9's goal is winning super bowls. And this organization clearly is taking its cues from its quarterback.  Competitive for as long as we have Burrow is Super Bowl wins. 

No doubts where Burrow is concerned.  I'll admit I still do not fully trust the Bengals FO & Brown family.

I think it's fair to say the organization is still learning how to handle success.

6 hours ago, membengal said:

I think the torrent of news/updates is slowing. That should catch us up for now.

Wait...are you a bot????

🤪

Thanks for gathering all of these...I don't frequent the dark parts of the interwebs enough to find them all in a time frame that would be a huge time suck...plus navigating Twitter sucks.

Glad to help. Two trials in September but a window to be a bot during camp...

I put this in the Bates thread too but it applies both places, expected. I like how matter of fact the coaches and team were about it today...

15 minutes ago, membengal said:

Glad to help. Two trials in September but a window to be a bot during camp...

I put this in the Bates thread too but it applies both places, expected. I like how matter of fact the coaches and team were about it today...

Another attorney?  Although...sounds like you may still be in traditional practice? I chucked the billables back in 2006 and can't say that I miss that much. 😆

left defense side and billables for plaintiffs side in 2009. med mal plaintiffs work and some scattered PI mostly now. Looking at an avalanche of trial back-ups following covid  shutdowns starting in september. Keep hoping for some settlement movement but no such luck as of yet...

Anyone else surprised that Dax Hall will be given the headset for practice and preseason this season? I get that he will likely be on the field during training camp more than Logan Wilson, the guy who holds the headset for receiving and relaying plays during official games, but Hall still seems like an unexpected choice here. That feels like a lot of responsibility to give a rookie who has a learning curve in terms of the playbook and learning his position as a pro. OTOH, if he takes to the responsibility well maybe it accelerates his development.

I guess not surprised given that training camp practices and preseason games feel like a great time to get him that experience. If he is slower than they want to get comfortable with it they know they have Bell or Wilson (or Bates when he comes in) for regular season who probably don't need as many reps with that responsiblity. 

22 hours ago, membengal said:

left defense side and billables for plaintiffs side in 2009. med mal plaintiffs work and some scattered PI mostly now. Looking at an avalanche of trial back-ups following covid  shutdowns starting in september. Keep hoping for some settlement movement but no such luck as of yet...

Did some civil lit when I was first out but quickly found that I much preferred the tedious part of real estate to the tedious part of litigation.  Asking the same question 5 ways on interrogatories that aren't going to get a good answer anyway and a status conference every few months followed by a settlement just before trial? Meh.  

My wife was a prosecutor in Clermont County before we moved to Maine...she had better stories. 😀

After a few years of practice I ended up at a large firm though in Cincy doing commercial real estate and proved my original position correct...no way did I want to work for a large firm.  Fled to Maine...ended up doing some title work...now have a title company and if a property closes...I get paid.

Archived