Training Camp 2022 - Thread 1 - News and Obs 7/19 - 7/28

23 hours ago, Lawshark13 said:

After a few years of practice I ended up at a large firm though in Cincy doing commercial real estate and proved my original position correct...no way did I want to work for a large firm.  Fled to Maine...ended up doing some title work...now have a title company and if a property closes...I get paid.

I’m an escrow officer and have been for 29 years. After being in mortgage and real estate, I almost didn’t take the job because I knew what ran downhill and the title company is at the bottom. But, I needed the money so I took the job. Fortunately, I’m a one person office in a real estate office and as long as I do my job, my bosses leave me alone. I’m actually hoping to retire next year.

17 hours ago, TigerJ@w said:

That is so true, I had mine removed and the doctor said, there was nothing wrong with it.  I was kind of pissed off in having it removed when he told me this until he said, you don’t need it anyways.  I think it was the bad downtown street Korean food that caused my pain when I was in Korea and didn’t really need surgery.  My stomach was hard as a rock at the time though and after I had surgery the pain was gone.  So who knows.  I recovered pretty quickly like the timeframes are showing and I was rather young like Burrow at the time.  I am sure this type of operation is less complicated now, then when I had mine removed.  He should be fine.  

Gastroenteritis. I had that 4 times. Stomach is hard because your muscles are involuntarily flexing the whole time. It feels like you have to take the biggest dumb ever and you're cramping up.. Multiply that by 10 and make the pain constant and you have gastroenteritis. One of the times I thought I was dying because when we got to the hospital I couldn't walk anymore and fell on the ground and started puking everywhere, then I passed out. Things got foggy and I got tunnel vision as I started getting lighter and lighter headed. It felt like what some people say when they die (the people that come back from death). I didn't die or anything but I got to experience it I guess? lol

51 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

I’m an escrow officer and have been for 29 years. After being in mortgage and real estate, I almost didn’t take the job because I knew what ran downhill and the title company is at the bottom. But, I needed the money so I took the job. Fortunately, I’m a one person office in a real estate office and as long as I do my job, my bosses leave me alone. I’m actually hoping to retire next year.

You are too young to retire. 😀

Archived