PBS naming rights

If I remember correctly, the team bought the naming rights when the stadium opened for about 15 mil. So the team probably gets the revenue from a sale rather than the county. If the team does sell them, the money doesn't go toward the cap or getting more players. But it could be used for any other expense, including the indoor practice facility, paying the coaches, or anything else, including a team contribution to stadium repairs. 

Does Hamilton county have money sitting around unspent from the covid relief bills? I wouldn't be surprised if the Federal government removes restrictions on spending it rather than asking for it back.

26 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Does Hamilton county have money sitting around unspent from the covid relief bills? I wouldn't be surprised if the Federal government removes restrictions on spending it rather than asking for it back.

One would think that any unspent funds would necessitate being earmarked for "public need" and not for offsetting voluntary expenses of a pro football franchise, but who the hell knows what the earmarks would be?  

as far as covid relief funds, its different but the PPP loans and the covid relief funds were handled similarly, and it went from "all of this must be spent on payroll within 2.5 months (10weeks) period. to "as long as you had expenses, of any kind, within that year, youre good, and for loans under $150k they didnt even want paperwork just checked a box agreeing to it.

My company got two PPP loans, totalling $240k. we kept our employees on at full pay while we were closed and then going forward, as things slowly opened back up, so it wa spent in the right places, but the actual final rules was like "did you do business? "sure" good enough, youre free from the debt!"

so id imagine those relief funds are able to be used for absolutely anything.

hell even with the strict PPP loan details, i could have given myself a $240,000 bonus and that been legit use of the funds. 

company would have gone under but id have a pile. lol

So, what’s it going to be?

Graeter’s Stadium

Gold Star Stadium / Skyline Stadium

United Dairy Farmer’s Stadium

Kroger Stadium

Cintas Stadium

Fifth-Third Bank Stadium

Frisch’s Big Boy Stadium

P&G:

Charmin Stadium

Mr. Clean Stadium

Dawn Stadium

Pampers Stadium

Olay Stadium (works better for soccer)

Tide Stadium

Crest Stadium

Febreze Stadium

Downy Stadium

[Sorry, guys, I’m in Covid quarantine with nothing better to do.]

5 minutes ago, Cricket said:

So, what’s it going to be?

Graeter’s Stadium

Gold Star Stadium / Skyline Stadium

United Dairy Farmer’s Stadium

Kroger Stadium

Cintas Stadium

Fifth-Third Bank Stadium

Frisch’s Big Boy Stadium

P&G:

Charmin Stadium

Mr. Clean Stadium

Dawn Stadium

Pampers Stadium

Olay Stadium (works better for soccer)

Tide Stadium

Crest Stadium

Febreze Stadium

Downy Stadium

[Sorry, guys, I’m in Covid quarantine with nothing better to do.]

when andy was under center it could have been Charmin Super Soft field at Tampax Stadium.

Kroger seems the most likely to me, deep pockets and the inclination to do something like that.  Obviously P&G has the money too but I see them more like UDF, I mean ppl drink at football games & a lot of the players listen to rap... 

Anyway, probably inevitable.

I have to say I'm a little bummed at this news. I always applauded their decision not to do this and enjoyed the old school approach not to sell out. But I guess it also comes with the territory of being a SB contender now and the Brown family not being a Walton heir or some Tech oligarch. 

If they have to do this at least make it the field only and choose Skyline Chili ...

Skyline Chili Field at Paul Brown Stadium 

But my prediction would be 5/3 Bank or P&G. Better not be Crypto.com or some bullshit website. 

9 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

But my prediction would be 5/3 Bank or P&G. Better not be Crypto.com or some bullshit website. 

Pffft how would they pay for it? Bulk gently-used thumb drives and refurb GeForce cards? :D 

Skyline Chili Field at Paul Brown Stadium

Funny image, jokes would write themselves, this has my endorsement

You know the stretch of pavement when you leave the stadium where a large percentage of fans heading toward downtown have to funnel down?  They could name the Febreze Way.  😎

[Covid may be affecting my brain.]

There is already a "Kroger Field" at UK in Lexington, but I guess there's nothing to prevent their being a second one if Kroger wants to spend the money.

Heinz is now off the hook with the sponsorship deal they had up the river. How about "Heinz Field at Paul Brown Stadium", just to ruffle some feathers?  😀

21 hours ago, sparky151 said:

If I remember correctly, the team bought the naming rights when the stadium opened for about 15 mil. So the team probably gets the revenue from a sale rather than the county. If the team does sell them, the money doesn't go toward the cap or getting more players. But it could be used for any other expense, including the indoor practice facility, paying the coaches, or anything else, including a team contribution to stadium repairs. 

5 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

More on this:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bengals-close-to-deal-for-naming-rights-of-paul-brown-stadium-first-name-change-for-stadium-per-report/

"Paul Brown Stadium is owned by the Hamilton County, so sponsorship profits would go to the county and the city of Cincinnati. The Bengals have notified Hamilton County about the potential deal."

So, does this mean that rather than making money from the naming rights, the Bengals just eliminate the expense of paying for the naming rights? Have they been paying $15 million per year, or was that a package deal that has covered several years?

8 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I'm going to win the lottery three or four times, buy the naming rights to the stadium and call it...

Paul Brown Stadium.

Leave well enough alone.

…with Go-bengals.com Field?  😎

14 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Dude, you've got Denver's stadium naming abominations stuck in your brain.  This isn't gonna be "Sports Authority Invesco Pepsi Coors Champs Sports Frontier Airline field at Mile High Stadium".  Cincy isn't as crazy as Denver is about prostituting themselves for corporate naming rights money, we only prostitute ourselves just a little. : )

I believe it's almost certainly the stadium itself getting a sponsor's name.

i could be wrong, wouldnt be the first time, but youre gonna tell me... liz takes over, starts growing some real pride and fan envolvment, stitch paul browns name in the jerseys, put him in hte ring of honor first thing... all to 6 months later..... strip his name off the stadium?

...... thats where im coming from.

Archived