PBS naming rights

9 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Let's cut to the chase (not Ja'Marr)...

The Joe Burrow Stadium!

Who's with me?  Ehhhhhh...

Nahh, Harry - I vote Jeff Query Field at Harold Green Stadium.

• 2 weeks later...

One possible reason for selling the naming rights is as follows and it ties into to MB's comments that it 'helps' the team with future contracts. 

The guaranteed portion of the contracts are increasing, Teams can use up to 50% of their franchise value for loans which would/could then be used for the escrow required for the guarantees. The naming rights fees paid to the team every year would be used to cover the interest costs of the escrow loans. 

On 8/2/2022 at 11:10 AM, I_C_Deadpeople said:

One possible reason for selling the naming rights is as follows and it ties into to MB's comments that it 'helps' the team with future contracts. 

The guaranteed portion of the contracts are increasing, Teams can use up to 50% of their franchise value for loans which would/could then be used for the escrow required for the guarantees. The naming rights fees paid to the team every year would be used to cover the interest costs of the escrow loans. 

most certainly this is the reason

27 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I thought the county technically owned the stadium?  The Bengals are just renting.

They should pull the name of a Cincinnati taxpayer out of a hat every season and call it that.

The County is the owner--just as they are for Great American Ballpark. Both "tenants" of the venues must have prior agreement of the County in order to change the names. 

32 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

The County is the owner--just as they are for Great American Ballpark. Both "tenants" of the venues must have prior agreement of the County in order to change the names. 

I'll refrain from suggesting more names so we don't end up in J&D but..  LOL.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

I'll refrain from suggesting more names so we don't end up in J&D but..  LOL.

I’ve been refraining from bringing up “who is paying for the renovations at PBS?” along the same lines. 

BTW: doesn’t GABP (aptly already corporately named), ever need any “renovations”…or is it just eternally in great upkeep? 

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

I

BTW: doesn’t GABP (aptly already corporately named), ever need any “renovations”…or is it just eternally in great upkeep? 

I think we've all collectively agreed to pretend like it doesn't exist for now.

4 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

^ In order for GABP to need upkeep it would require actual fans to create wear and tear, and those only come if you have wins.

20 years of a packed house only on opening day preserves the 'new car smell' still.

Unfortunately, you are correct. I was there on the 4th of July and the place was deserted.  Almost as many Mets fans as Reds fans. 

In all seriousness , Cintas, Fifth/Third or P&G seem the most likely.   

4 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

^ In order for GABP to need upkeep it would require actual fans to create wear and tear, and those only come if you have wins.

20 years of a packed house only on opening day preserves the 'new car smell' still.

You aren’t far from nailing it. I’ll go to handful of Reds games each year, and I swear every time I go it’s like there is literally no signs of use at all. Everything is clean and tidy. 

With that said, it is still outside, experiences the same environment/weather extremes PBS does… and it is never in need of structural renovation or at least maintenance? 

16 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

I’ve been refraining from bringing up “who is paying for the renovations at PBS?” along the same lines. 

It’s also almost 10 years newer. 

11 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

You aren’t far from nailing it. I’ll go to handful of Reds games each year, and I swear every time I go it’s like there is literally no signs of use at all. Everything is clean and tidy. 

With that said, it is still outside, experiences the same environment/weather extremes PBS does… and it is never in need of structural renovation or at least maintenance? 

man’s also it’s wrapped up In Plastic all winter long. 

the lack of fans point others made is silly. Even if there were only 6000 fans they have 81 games that’s equal to pbs being sold out for a regular season which we all know didn’t happen too often until recently. 

so I’m assuming the nearly decade newer and lack of severe weather exposure is probably the main factors. Plus maybe material improvements in that nearly 10 years between them being opened maybe. 

Know someone who was hired for some relatively minor finish work @ PBS after it was built, she claimed it was a shitshow of cheapest materials, cut corners and people not getting paid so a lot of things were half-assed finished by whoever got stuck with the job when the qualified person quit.  Said upkeep would end up costing a fortune as a result.

16 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Well.... Chiquita used to be headquartered in Cincy, just like Harambe, so there's synergy there.

Harambe Field at Paul Brown Stadium, sponsored by Chiquita. Quite Possibly, the World's Perfect Food.

We'd never lose another home game ever.

Archived