roster moves,

The Bengals today made the following player moves:

*Placed the following five players on the Active/Physically Unable to Perform list -- LB Joe Bachie, G Alex Cappa, DE Khalid Kareem, HB Samaje Perine and S Brandon Wilson.

*Placed OT La'el Collins on the Active/Non-Football Injury list.

3 hours ago, membengal said:

Folks , NFI could just be illness. 

I wonder what kind of an impact Covid will have this season.  I tested positive for Covid last Sunday, after spending the previous four days playing in a soccer tournament in Chattanooga.  Woke up Sunday with a cough and sore throat…thus the test.

Interestingly, the CDC’s current protocols don’t even say anything about getting a negative test result to come out of quarantine.  If you test positive, you quarantine for five days.  If your symptom(s) persist, then it’s another five days.  If you’re symptom-free after the 5-day period, then you can come out of quarantine, but must be masked while indoors for the next five days.

My doctor’s office said that you can continue to test positive for up to 90 days, even though you can no longer transmit it…so their recommendation is to not test during that time period.  [Seems strange.]

Anyway, Covid protocols have changed…and will likely continue to change.  Hopefully, the impact on the Bengals is minimal.  

3 hours ago, Cricket said:

I wonder what kind of an impact Covid will have this season.  I tested positive for Covid last Sunday, after spending the previous four days playing in a soccer tournament in Chattanooga.  Woke up Sunday with a cough and sore throat…thus the test.

Interestingly, the CDC’s current protocols don’t even say anything about getting a negative test result to come out of quarantine.  If you test positive, you quarantine for five days.  If your symptom(s) persist, then it’s another five days.  If you’re symptom-free after the 5-day period, then you can come out of quarantine, but must be masked while indoors for the next five days.

My doctor’s office said that you can continue to test positive for up to 90 days, even though you can no longer transmit it…so their recommendation is to not test during that time period.  [Seems strange.]

Anyway, Covid protocols have changed…and will likely continue to change.  Hopefully, the impact on the Bengals is minimal.  

i will assume itll be like the army used to be and dont ask dont tell. the nba was at that point end of the season this past year... 

9 hours ago, GoBengals said:

i will assume itll be like the army used to be and dont ask dont tell. the nba was at that point end of the season this past year... 

The issue with don’t ask, don’t tell with regards to Covid is that the cough does the telling, whether asked or not.  Also, the fatigue associated with Covid can be substantial, so even if you try to cover it up, it’s going to show up in your performance.

Hopefully, Covid has no impact on the team and it’s performance, but the virus is still out there.  

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Back to the main concern—regardless of via injury or illness—is the depth factor.

No panicking—of course—but are Adeniji and Prince now back as the front-liners? 

What’s Rieff’s status…just for curiosity? 

Every indication is that the staff loves Smith as a tackle. If he had not suffered a significant injury during the course of the season, I believe Smith would've been the RT in the Super Bowl not Prince.

40 minutes ago, dex said:

Every indication is that the staff loves Smith as a tackle. If he had not suffered a significant injury during the course of the season, I believe Smith would've been the RT in the Super Bowl not Prince.

That’s cool. He’s a good prospect. Guess I’m just wondering how many holes could be filled, should an Armageddon occur in more than two spots? 

I get that they can’t have Pro Bowlers three-deep at every position. But having a proven player or two—no matter their age—as options, isn’t a bad idea. Kingspoint’s idea of a veteran Swiss Army knife like Jason Peters, is sound. I was curious about Rieff? Spain? 

6 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

That’s cool. He’s a good prospect. Guess I’m just wondering how many holes could be filled, should an Armageddon occur in more than two spots? 

I get that they can’t have Pro Bowlers three-deep at every position. But having a proven player or two—no matter their age—as options, isn’t a bad idea. Kingspoint’s idea of a veteran Swiss Army knife like Jason Peters, is sound. I was curious about Rieff? Spain? 

Last I heard, Reiff and Spain are still available as free agents.  Some interest in Reiff from Jets and Lions, but not signed.  I was kinda expecting the Bengals to resign Spain at some point, but never did...Spain seems very interested in coming back.  I'm guessing both are on Bengals speed dial in case anything bad happens.  Develop the younger guys while folks are healthy, but bring back vets if/when the shit hits the fan?

On 7/24/2022 at 3:19 PM, Le Tigre said:

like kp said i also expected spain to come back, maybe just has an offer and he is going to wait and see if a better one comes by preseason or soemthing, who knows.

as far as the others, I continue to feel very....very alone in this thinking, but Carman, Prince and Adiniji all are very likely much better than they were able to display on the field. Adiniji hurt his pec in like june, so he missed all of camp, preseason, and majority of the season, rushed his ass back and hopped in to do the best he could. Carmen was young and dumb and showed up fat, was injured? then gets tossed not only in a new position but even the opposite side of the line, with 2-3 starters to his right, Prince sat out then entire 2020 season, and we certainly had no intention of him playing meaningful minutes, and he just became part of the rotation of crossing our fingers hoping someone got their shit together to finish the season. All while a new OL coach came in and made changes to the system, etc.

im assuming, maybe wishfully, that Carmen got good work in in the offseason, is in shape, back on the left side, a year of his own film, another year with the coach, he should be physically stronger, smarter, in shape more, etc. same with the others.

if someone needs to miss 4 games i dont feel like the house of cards is coming down, we dont have a house of cards anymore, that alone is a difference, but lets be honest there isnt a team in the league who can take 3-4 position injuries and keep rolling through the season. I think everyone will be 10 times better, real camp, offseason work, consistency in staff, etc.

kinda like joe burrow improved his completion percentage 5%, and his qb rate 20 pints in an offseason of recovery with this bad line we mentioned. he grew as a player. they all should, or theyd likely have picked up new scrubs to replace our scrubs. 

Hopefully we dont have to find out.

On 7/24/2022 at 1:50 AM, Cricket said:

The PCR tests looks for evidence of the COVID virus in your body.  The test will still give a positive result if it finds dead covid cells that haven't been cleared yet, thus the 90 day thing.

The antigen test (the free home ones the gov'mint sent out) are a better test to see if you are no longer contagious. 

Archived