Joe Burrow Appendix Removal

Hmm...wonder if it actually ruptured. I'd copy and paste the article here but it is pretty lengthy and there a ton of shitty ads. Didn't realize Lap had Burrow's dad on his podcast (which appears to be where a lot of information is coming from in this article).

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/joe-burrows-dad-says-bengals-star-qb-could-still-be-out-a-few-more-weeks-following-surprising-appendectomy/

39 minutes ago, Griever said:

Hmm...wonder if it actually ruptured. I'd copy and paste the article here but it is pretty lengthy and there a ton of shitty ads. Didn't realize Lap had Burrow's dad on his podcast (which appears to be where a lot of information is coming from in this article).

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/joe-burrows-dad-says-bengals-star-qb-could-still-be-out-a-few-more-weeks-following-surprising-appendectomy/

I doubt it.  If it had ruptured he would have been in the hospital for a while.  Huge sepsis risk.  Probably was just a little more complicated for some reason.  Bigger holes.  Moving more stuff around inside.  Still shouldn't be much of a deal.  Just some more time when there is currently plenty.

2 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Luckily there is still 4.5 weeks until the snaps count, and Burrow can sit out the entire worthless preseason.

If this issue arose during the season, making the playoffs could have been in jeopardy. So they are fortunate it happened now. 

Games, yes.  But, he needs to be at practice.  Nobody or nothing at all improves without work.

7 minutes ago, Kingspoint said:

he needs to be at practice. 

I lean more towards the Allen Iverson view on practice when it comes to elite generational talents (like Burrow, Chase).

I think Burrow could be isolated on a island with just a blood-faced volleyball and a playbook for the next 5 weeks, and he would still rock the Squeelers by 20 in Week 1. 

Practice benefits players who need to improve their skills or gain some. But guys like Burrow are already at the Apex. Practice is just a chance for him to get hurt. 

22 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

I lean more towards the Allen Iverson view on practice when it comes to elite generational talents (like Burrow, Chase).

I think Burrow could be isolated on a island with just a blood-faced volleyball and a playbook for the next 5 weeks, and he would still rock the Squeelers by 20 in Week 1. 

Practice benefits players who need to improve their skills or gain some. But guys like Burrow are already at the Apex. Practice is just a chance for him to get hurt. 

Burrow is great.  But, he's not that great.  Burn me at the cross.

16 hours ago, Kingspoint said:

I'm looking over my shoulder for Lalo.

Ahh, Lalo. 

I'm sorry. As weaselly as Howard Hamlin was, he deserved better than to get buried under an under construction meth lab with the guy who killed him. 

Just my .02 worth. 

22 minutes ago, Mikeslumina said:

Protect joe at all cost. Sell everything for franchise. Burrow needs to gain weight he said trying to gain 20 pounds he lost. Take his time coming back this isn’t healthy

He’s healthy. He wouldn’t be at practice if he wasn’t.

Archived