Training Camp Thread 2 - News and Obs July 29 - Aug. 6

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

The dreaded one year contract. Where every TD raises their price tag. 

The team should sign him to an extension right now

I'm with you man. Especially because we have nobody waiting in the wings per se at the TE position. Sample is what he is, a blocking TE. Hurst is more of a proven commodity, wish we signed him for at least two years.

17 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I think it's still below France, just above the Mediterranean Sea. 

Just to the right of Portugal.

Rain falling in the plain.  All that stuff.

Told to me by a friend.

And they play the wrong football there. 

On 7/29/2022 at 3:29 PM, Kingspoint said:

Those children who look like adults need to just walk away.

a couple appear to be just with their kids in the madness which is fair, the ones reaching over kids heads gotta go.

On 7/29/2022 at 3:31 PM, membengal said:

I don't get as mad about adults seeking autographs as others do. 

i love some signed shit more than most, but at this age im going to pay for that, cause one, someday i might sell it so fair is fair, and 2 then i can be picky on where and how it gets signed so its what i want. and 90% of players sign shit for adults in these scenarios like shit on purpose, especially if its obviouss they are gonna sell it, which is usually given away by a duffle bag of items to get signed.

On 7/29/2022 at 6:53 PM, T-Dub said:

I don't like treating guys like porcelain figurines plus we have a new center - I'd like him to get a little work in before it counts.

he will work in camp as soon as he can, even if he is out 4 weeks he will have nearly 3 weeks of time to get going with things, im ok with him handing the ball off a bunch of times in a preseason game maybe a few slants.. but he doesnt need any work on a 5 step drop post route against some clowns in preseason, IMO

On 7/29/2022 at 8:19 PM, T-Dub said:

I think most of these guys like to play a series of downs at least just as a warm-up.  Seems like Brady plays some in every preseason and he's 57 years old.  

Burrow could roll an ankle on a crack in the sidewalk or get his throwing hand slammed in a car door, being overly worried about injuries is not the right mindset.

agreed.

1 hour ago, Gary said:

I never get why people don't draft kickers very much. Especially good ones. Evan won us games this year that I don't think any UDFA kicker could have. 

Honestly, the number of great kickers in college is way smaller than you think. 

15 hours ago, SF2 said:

Honestly, the number of great kickers in college is way smaller than you think. 

Truth.  I never really understood why college didn't value kickers more...that's where the undervalued statement really applies IMHO.  Many teams used whoever was already on the team that could kick the ball the best or had ANY previous experience doing it, e.g. hey the 2nd string TE dude can kick, so let's just use him.  UC's team is a good example...the kicking position has been a glaring liability in recent years.  Often wondered why they didn't just grab some kid off the soccer team.  I know its not as simple as all that, but from the sitting on the couch perspective it seemed puzzling.

Archived