Keeping our enemies close 2022 season

5 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Speaking of unrepentant rapists, what does Jackoff Carman think?

(sorry and bring on the negative reps, but that's one of the things I can't stand about that jerk,

besides his lack of football skills and work ethic not equaling the draft spot... not that it was his

fault where he was drafted)

I thought that was just a case of a couple of teenagers banging but him being 18? 

55 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Yeah, she was 15 and I believe said "no" but movin' right along.

Ancient history (if so) and nothing to see here.

A crucial difference, but not for the NFL.  Unless its gangland murders a la Hernandez they could really give a shit so long as they've got pro skills.  Well, that and smoking some weed or giving a Steeler a booboo.

On 8/18/2022 at 11:21 PM, SF2 said:

At the end of the day, the league was caught between a rock and a hard place.  No charges were brought against Watson.  

I seriously believe every owner except the moron in Cleveland would have loved to boot him to the curb but it would have resulted in a lawsuit they probably would have lost in spectacular fashion 

It wasn’t like Vick who actually spent significant time in a Federal Prison.  

It’s a shitty ending and further shows that justice can be bought and sold. 

MLB has effectively kicked Trevor Bauer out of the league for consensual sex, a far lesser allegation and only one woman. Seems to me that the NFL is wimping out on this one

On 8/19/2022 at 5:54 AM, Cricket said:

So much this ^

We all wonder why those grand juries let him off…and I have a theory.  In each case, the masseuse was asked if she had EVER had sex with a client…and the answer was always, “Yes”…which undermined their claims that it was not consensual THIS time…with a guy that signed a $230 million contract.

:shrug:  

That question should be immaterial and thrown out by the judge. That's like asking a woman if she's ever had sex on the first date. If the man is different then it's irrelevant to this case

1 hour ago, Sea Ray said:

That question should be immaterial and thrown out by the judge. That's like asking a woman if she's ever had sex on the first date. If the man is different then it's irrelevant to this case

Sorry, but I don’t believe such a question is immaterial at all.  

[Not that I’m trying to defend that slime ball.  Just trying to figure out why no grand jury recommended charges being brought against him.]

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Yeah that was a pretty bad take.

I'm going by what's been reported:

I'm sure not defending Trevor Bauer but I sure don't see that his transgressions are as bad as Watson's. 

3 hours ago, Cricket said:

trying to figure out why no grand jury recommended charges

Likely because "he said, she said" sexual assault cases that lack physical evidence and involve famous rich celebrities with good lawyers -- are not likely to produce indictments. Especially when viewed in isolation. 

The 'common sense' factor that Watson is obviously guilty doesn't come from any single one of his cases, but from the predatory pattern of 24 accusers with similar testimonies -- and the surrounding circumstantial stuff (66 different women, signed NDAs etc). 

19 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

I'm sure not defending Trevor Bauer but I sure don't see that his transgressions are as bad as Watson's. 

I despise Watson, but I still see them as being equally egregious.

Yes she agreed to have sex with Bauer, but then he began choking and punching her to the point of knocking her unconscious where he then sodomized her with her own blood as lube.

Bauer sounds like a total sociopath. She even woke up to him close-fist punching her in the face and giving her black eyes, while essentially anally raping her (hard to give further consent when you're passed out from a beating).

The punishment Bauer got from MLB is much more in line with what Watson should have been given. 

25 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

I'm going by what's been reported:

Watson was bad. Bauer was bad. They were different kinds of bad. Bauer choked her until she passed out and then raped her anally. But, sure, consensual. Jeebus. 

Since this thing never went to trial, we don't know the true facts of the case. I gave documentation of reports that it was consensual and that she came back for "rougher sex". I won't get into an argument of what's worse. Fact is that MLB has for the time being kicked Bauer out of the sport. It's worth nothing that MLB also has the far stronger union. NFL has wimped out on this one. 

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

I despise Watson, but I still see them as being equally egregious.

Yes she agreed to have sex with Bauer, but then he began choking and punching her to the point of knocking her unconscious where he then sodomized her with her own blood as lube.

Bauer sounds like a total sociopath. She even woke up to him close-fist punching her in the face and giving her black eyes, while essentially anally raping her (hard to give further consent when you're passed out from a beating).

The punishment Bauer got from MLB is much more in line with what Watson should have been given. 

Yeah the Bauer situation is much much worse and that doesnt let Watson off the hook, but Bauer ....just wow.

On 8/12/2022 at 6:05 AM, Griever said:

15-2?? My god, expectations are high for Buffalo...can they live up to it?

So, after they lose to the RAMS on the Opening Thursday Night Game Week 1, and then they follow that up with a MNF loss Week 2 to a healthy Derrick Henry and the Tennessee Titans just like they did last year (and everyone else lost to the Titans with a healthy Derrick Henry), they are going to go 15-0?  Right, and Mike Brown didn't own the City and Tri-County Commissioners in the '90's and '00's (and Jody Allen isn't moving the Blazers to Seattle or selling them to a Seattle-based group by 2025.)

9 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Dax in top 5 over Sauce ...

IMG_20220823_194400.jpg

PFF has a recent article "three bold predictions about each team", and one of the one's about the Bengals is that they wouldn't make the playoffs.  Now, that's funny.  Division Winner gets an automatic bid.  They will win their Division, at the very least.

God damn, Cleveland.  Could've just ignored it and pretended like it was nothing, could've gone with the "he's learned a valuable lesson",  could've found Jesus, could've denied it outright.  All kinds of options.

They went with celebrating it.  What the fuck is wrong with that fanbase?

Archived