Keeping our enemies close 2022 season

Just now, BlackJesus said:

^ In the marathon of a season, the teams who avoid injuries are usually the ones left standing. 

yup, which is why as much as i might 2nd guess the decision not to play our oline so they could get time together in the preseason, im kind of understanding why as well

12 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

yup, which is why as much as i might 2nd guess the decision not to play our oline so they could get time together in the preseason, im kind of understanding why as well

It’s a Catch 22.  The Rams, Cowboys and Packers didn’t play their starters (QB) either, those teams’ offenses  looked terrible week 1 like us.  

Who did play preseason?  Brady, Mahomes and Allen. 

2 minutes ago, SF2 said:

It’s a Catch 22.  The Rams, Cowboys and Packers didn’t play their starters either, those teams’ offenses  looked terrible week 1 like us.  

IIRC I've heard that defenses are typically ahead of Offenses this time a year so take that for what it's worth

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

The Ravens try and win preseason games to keep their streak alive ... And apparently sacrifice the regular season to do it. 

There is a difference between getting a player a few game speed reps and doing the stupid shit they do.

Mahomes, Brady and Allen played one or two series all preseason. Mahomes basically said he just needed to get hit once or twice to flip the clock in his head back on.  

Baltimore leaves starters in for extended periods of time to win preseason games.   That is just dumb. 

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

IIRC I've heard that defenses are typically ahead of Offenses this time a year so take that for what it's worth

I agree which begs the question why was our first play from scrimmage  a 4 wide with an empty backfield against a team with Cameron Hayward and TJ Watt?  

image.gif

Archived