Keeping our enemies close 2022 season

51 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

They've already lost one game that they should have won. It's a short season and very little separates teams in the NFL

To the most despised division rival. Seems we dodged a number of bullets last year, and though there is superior talent on this team, I'm quite reticent about Zac and the hierarchy. I still can't believe someone in the booth overhead wasn't instantly in Zac's ear telling him to challenge the non touchdown call. That's just standard operating procedure these days. After some research, I've realized that having only one top notch long snapper active on game day is pretty standard. I find it hard to believe that a 3rd string tight end can't be bothered to become highly proficient as a backup at a critical position, but I digress. What I really can't wrap my mind around is Zac's reaction to losing in such a clownish manner. Right after the game his comments regarding the non challenge were something to the effect of, "that's a tough part of the field for me to see." When asked about Wilcox's slow snap on the extra point and high snap on the field goal, he stated that Mitchell practices that, "all the time."  Then later in the week he'll sort of come around with something like, "that was a mistake, that's one you'd like to have back." That initial, it's not my fault, there's an explanation mind set is worrying. I'm guessing there's no one higher up putting the screws to him either. This team has pleasantly surprised me many times of late. Really hoping Taylor developes more of a shark like mind set. It can make all the difference. I think it might have last Sunday.

23 minutes ago, A Rock said:

To the most despised division rival. Seems we dodged a number of bullets last year, and though there is superior talent on this team, I'm quite reticent about Zac and the hierarchy. I still can't believe someone in the booth overhead wasn't instantly in Zac's ear telling him to challenge the non touchdown call. That's just standard operating procedure these days. After some research, I've realized that having only one top notch long snapper active on game day is pretty standard. I find it hard to believe that a 3rd string tight end can't be bothered to become highly proficient as a backup at a critical position, but I digress. What I really can't wrap my mind around is Zac's reaction to losing in such a clownish manner. Right after the game his comments regarding the non challenge were something to the effect of, "that's a tough part of the field for me to see." When asked about Wilcox's slow snap on the extra point and high snap on the field goal, he stated that Mitchell practices that, "all the time."  Then later in the week he'll sort of come around with something like, "that was a mistake, that's one you'd like to have back." That initial, it's not my fault, there's an explanation mind set is worrying. I'm guessing there's no one higher up putting the screws to him either. This team has pleasantly surprised me many times of late. Really hoping Taylor developes more of a shark like mind set. It can make all the difference. I think it might have last Sunday.

Taylor is still learning on the job.  He wasn't qualified, but impressed the family and came cheap, I'm sure.  He has done a great job of creating a winning culture.  The nuts and bolts of coaching?  He still sucks.  We aren't the only ones questioning his playcalling.  Last week when Burrow was under center they ran 17 of 19 snaps.  Read that again.  That's obscene.  He telegraphs what he is going to do.  He's bad, but has some really good offensive players that keep him employed.  The vast majority of the time football players win games.  Coaches can lose them, but they are best when they let the players do what they do best.

1 hour ago, A Rock said:

That was the only disadvantage of having a long snapper competition in the preseason. If there had not been a competition for Harris to keep his job, then Wilcox would have gotten more practice reps at long snapping in case of emergency. But those non-Harris practice snaps went to the long snapper who began the season on the practice squad. Just a weird, incredibly unlikely scenario that unfolded at the absolute worst time possible.

3 hours ago, A Rock said:

I'm guessing there's no one higher up putting the screws to him either. This team has pleasantly surprised me many times of late. Really hoping Taylor developes more of a shark like mind set. It can make all the difference. I think it might have last Sunday.

Hate to see the undisciplined stuff costing the team.  Happened in the SB, happened last week.  I've definitely questioned a lack of accountability with players & coaches both staying here well past their sell-by dates so many times.  We have to hope ZT pulls it together before the window inevitably closes because we know the FO is unlikely to make a change either way.  Not at all saying I think he should be fired, rather that I don't think he would be even if he should.

I do think he'll get better support than Marvin did after the SB run last year.  That should give him leverage that ML never had.  Think Marvin had a hard time disciplining the team when the players knew they could go crying to Mikey & get out of trouble with a good sob story.

Archived