Keeping our enemies close 2022 season

On 9/29/2022 at 7:06 AM, Le Tigre said:

Should have said that the statements were often taken from people who were explaining away loss of vehicle control—these included police officers as well as private citizens. 

Virtually every subject circumstance involved accidents at high speeds. 

My jest was tongue in cheek as to the Garrett excuses, not the literal. 

Oh I am sure there are plenty of “exaggerations” when it comes to explaining one’s single car accident. 

Luckily my daughter was in an SUV and she  saw it last second and couldn’t swerve.  It totaled the car by bending the upper right engine frame significantly. Big deer at 55 mph.  She drove the car home but the insurance company refused to fix it. 

I can’t imagine hitting one with a very low to the ground Porsche at high speed, thing could go right thru the windshield. Then again rolling your car doesn’t sound better 

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Why? 

It was an older SUV and the damage was more than the value of the car.  They would save more money parting it out and writing us a check than repairing the structural frame of the car.  

it was bent bad enough that you wouldn’t be able to put a new hood down. 

36 minutes ago, SF2 said:

It was an older SUV and the damage was more than the value of the car.  They would save more money parting it out and writing us a check than repairing the structural frame of the car.  

it was bent bad enough that you wouldn’t be able to put a new hood down. 

Got it. You did, at least, get a total loss check? 

And, much more important, she was OK?

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Got it. You did, at least, get a total loss check? 

And, much more important, she was OK?

Decent check, more than I paid for it.  She was fine, the vehicle sits high enough that it hit the deer square on the right front.  Hardly even slowed down but modern cars are designed to crumple to absorb impacts which this one did. It really didn’t look that bad. 

If you look closely at the grill you can still see some deer hair sticking out.  This was after it was cleaned up. 

image.jpeg

3 hours ago, membengal said:

Man, just...god bless Tobin for letting WJIII and Lawson walk and signing Awuzie, Hilton and Hendrickson instead...

Not gonna lie, I wanted WJ3 back but that was mostly based on what he did his rookie year. I was ok with letting Lawson walk though, thought he was overrated.

Glad Tobin knows better than me.

6 hours ago, SF2 said:

Decent check, more than I paid for it.  She was fine, the vehicle sits high enough that it hit the deer square on the right front.  Hardly even slowed down but modern cars are designed to crumple to absorb impacts which this one did. It really didn’t look that bad. 

If you look closely at the grill you can still see some deer hair sticking out.  This was after it was cleaned up. 

image.jpeg

Nice X-3...I had one just like it. I used to call it "Panzer" because it was built like a tank. Reluctantly gave it up at 280K miles. 

7 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Nice X-3...I had one just like it. I used to call it "Panzer" because it was built like a tank. Reluctantly gave it up at 280K miles. 

I have had 2. Buy em cheap, fix them up and let my kids drive them in high school. Really nice safe cars.  Other kids think they are rich.  $1800  2004 BMW X3 rich LOL. 

The survivor has 220,000 on it and running strong.

12 hours ago, SF2 said:

I have had 2. Buy em cheap, fix them up and let my kids drive them in high school. Really nice safe cars.  Other kids think they are rich.  $1800  2004 BMW X3 rich LOL. 

The survivor has 220,000 on it and running strong.

I had a friend who needed someone to go to a Notre Dame football game with her because she didn't want to drive from Columbus by herself so she gave us tickets to the game if we would do all the driving in her car. It was a BMW X3 and when hubby took over driving (I drove there, he drove back), I told him to be careful because this was probably the nicest car we would ever drive. :)

Archived