Keeping our enemies close 2022 season

Fining him $5 million is only slightly less ridiculous than if he'd worn a lacy woman's thong in place of a handkerchief in his suit pocket while proclaiming his innocence twice during a supposed public apology.

Should've just left it at 6 games if this was the alternative.  What a fuckin joke of a league.

So much for that "looks like at least one year suspension is in the bag" comment from days ago.  What a crock this whole situation has been.  I just hope it continues to burn with people and they don't forget.  Not nearly enough IMHO.  Not a good look for the Browns (not that they ever have a good look).  Not a good look for the NFL.

22 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

IMG_20220818_173659.jpg

Well there's a silver lining;  I'm glad Cleveland is doing the "redeeming" these days instead of the Bengals.

Of course I don't recall us ever trying to redeem a serial rapist, but y'know, it's a passing league or whatever IDFK how they spin this.  More pink shit in October I guess.

You know what would make this really sing?  Some sports journo needs to ask Ben Rapistberger for comment.

Re: Deshaun Watson, it sounds like the arbitrator decided to basically split the difference.  That's about the average of what the original judge gave him (6 games) and a full season (17 games).  

Hey, how much does an NFL arbitrator get paid?  I’ll do the job for half of whatever the current rate is.

🦗

1 minute ago, Cricket said:

Re: Deshaun Watson, it sounds like the arbitrator decided to basically split the difference.  That's about the average of what the original judge gave him (6 games) and a full season (17 games).  

Hey, how much does an NFL arbitrator get paid?  I’ll do the job for half of whatever the current rate is.

I dunno man...I still wonder if all this charade of a "process" was all pre-planned and pre-destined.  I still really feel like we've all just been played this whole time.  So yeah, getting paid as an NFL arbitrator to basically just follow a script that was written many months ago...and likely written before the Browns signed Watson...is good money if you can get it...or even half.

At the end of the day, the league was caught between a rock and a hard place.  No charges were brought against Watson.  

I seriously believe every owner except the moron in Cleveland would have loved to boot him to the curb but it would have resulted in a lawsuit they probably would have lost in spectacular fashion 

It wasn’t like Vick who actually spent significant time in a Federal Prison.  

It’s a shitty ending and further shows that justice can be bought and sold. 

6 hours ago, SF2 said:

At the end of the day, the league was caught between a rock and a hard place.  No charges were brought against Watson.  

I seriously believe every owner except the moron in Cleveland would have loved to boot him to the curb but it would have resulted in a lawsuit they probably would have lost in spectacular fashion 

It wasn’t like Vick who actually spent significant time in a Federal Prison.  

It’s a shitty ending and further shows that justice can be bought and sold. 

So much this ^

We all wonder why those grand juries let him off…and I have a theory.  In each case, the masseuse was asked if she had EVER had sex with a client…and the answer was always, “Yes”…which undermined their claims that it was not consensual THIS time…with a guy that signed a $230 million contract.

:shrug:  

13 hours ago, T-Dub said:

So Ben, as a fellow unrepentant rapist.. Care to comment on Deshaun Watson?  

oh._1024.jpg

Speaking of unrepentant rapists, what does Jackoff Carman think?

(sorry and bring on the negative reps, but that's one of the things I can't stand about that jerk,

besides his lack of football skills and work ethic not equaling the draft spot... not that it was his

fault where he was drafted)

Back to the topic...

Or not... since Joe's appendix did, indeed, burst, does this count as almost dying for real?

I think so.

was drafted where 

Archived