Keeping our enemies close 2022 season

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

If people didn't click on it they wouldn't write about it.  :shrug:  Both of them have spent their entire adult lives seeking public attention but now that it doesn't suit them they want to act like they're being victimized? FOH.

If people didn't like taking drugs there wouldn't be any, right?  Not defending Brady, but the jackals that make money off of the misery of others are still vermin.

12 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Fame and wealth doesn't guarantee an outstanding life.  Divorce is painful no matter how much money you have.  Study after study shows that rich people are no happier than poor people. 

While true, there are also studies that show poverty contributes to mental health issues, but this is getting into J&D 

Knowing what everyone is thinking and saying every moment of everyday is very toxic. The dumbest and most hateful never seem to be shy about chiming in either. It seems like it might take us all down, which is just nuts. I'm guilty and fairly addicted to electronic and media poison. I'm guessing not nearly as much as some though. My blood boils at some of the things I read, hear, and see. Amazing how when I give my attention to a good book (currently reading Path Lit By Lightning, The Life of Jim Thorpe), go for a run, find something to do constructive around the house, etc., I'm given relief and reprieve. I'm very much hoping we make it through this avalanche of social media time we're in. Would hate to see things devolve into violence. I'm an old schooler.  Sticks and stones and all that. Current players really have signed up for insanity. Tom Brady not so much. MUCH different world when he started. Like others on here, I have some empathy. Like any player on an NFL team not named the Bengals, he's also the enemy. Unless he's playing the Ratbirds, Inbreds, or Clowns of course. 

9 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

If people didn't like taking drugs there wouldn't be any, right?  Not defending Brady, but the jackals that make money off of the misery of others are still vermin.

Don't disagree at all, however if there wasn't a market for it, the TMZ's of the world would not That's something to be said about us as a society.

On 9/29/2022 at 2:35 AM, T-Dub said:

Something that I was told many, many times when driving on snow & ice - don't swerve.  Sorry, Bambi.

Here's dashcam video of my encounter with Bambi 3 years ago.  Both my Sorento and Bambi were totalled.

Cars can be replaced. I was okay except for this big red scrape on my arm from the airbag. The car did what it was supposed to do. It died... I walked away.

FB_IMG_1665089224956.jpg

The thing is.... Don't swerve or try to avoid.  Just stay the course, maintain control, hope the fucker misses you and if not - keep your cool and do your best to survive the encounter.  For me, I was able to brace and brake... and after impact with the hood flipped over the windshield I was able to see thru the slot at the very bottom to enable me to pull onto the shoulder and stop.  I didn't even scrape the guardrail, but was okay if I had since that's what its there for.

Rewatching the video, I'm glad Bambi ducked and tried to scoot -under- my car rather than leap and try to jump -over- my car.  Looking at how wrecked the engine was I shudder to think what would've happened if instead of that he had hit my windshield.  Not certain I would've come out of that in one piece.

Funny aside - The ISP trooper who responded was really excited that I had a dash cam.  I was able to pull the SD card and transfer the video to his laptop - he was gonna attach it to the crash report, and i don't doubt it was being shown that evening back at the Trooper Clubhouse.

45 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

The thing is.... Don't swerve or try to avoid.  Just stay the course, maintain control, hope the fucker misses you and if not - keep your cool and do your best to survive the encounter.  For me, I was able to brace and brake... and after impact with the hood flipped over the windshield I was able to see thru the slot at the very bottom to enable me to pull onto the shoulder and stop.  I didn't even scrape the guardrail, but was okay if I had since that's what its there for.

Rewatching the video, I'm glad Bambi ducked and tried to scoot -under- my car rather than leap and try to jump -over- my car.  Looking at how wrecked the engine was I shudder to think what would've happened if instead of that he had hit my windshield.  Not certain I would've come out of that in one piece.

Funny aside - The ISP trooper who responded was really excited that I had a dash cam.  I was able to pull the SD card and transfer the video to his laptop - he was gonna attach it to the crash report, and i don't doubt it was being shown that evening back at the Trooper Clubhouse.

On 2nd watch I saw it duck into the median ditch but was p much a missile.  Quick death for the lil dumbass at least.

Several months ago, I had an encounter with a Ma Duck and her half-dozen ducklings crossing a 4-lane suburban roadway. I slowed  and came to a complete stop (allegedly 45 zone but it’s more Daytona than that). Cars were coming up from the rear, and I was flashing 4-ways and waving arm out window to get attention. After the brood had crossed, an angry person shouted out the window at me “why the hell did you stop for a bunch of ducks???”. I replied “they had the right of way”. He had no clue how to respond, and I just grinned at him. 

6 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Several months ago, I had an encounter with a Ma Duck and her half-dozen ducklings crossing a 4-lane suburban roadway. I slowed  and came to a complete stop (allegedly 45 zone but it’s more Daytona than that). Cars were coming up from the rear, and I was flashing 4-ways and waving arm out window to get attention. After the brood had crossed, an angry person shouted out the window at me “why the hell did you stop for a bunch of ducks???”. I replied “they had the right of way”. He had no clue how to respond, and I just grinned at him. 

because you're not a fuckin psychopath? some people!

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Well, my wife came up from behind someone like you once and decided to pass only to realize,  way too late,  ma goose and the little fellers were crossing.    She still wakes up at night.   She took out 3 or 4  baby geese. 

3 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

What was left of my Sorento...

FB_IMG_1665089402487.jpg

One of the dudes who pulled over and waited with me for the emergency crews noticed this. Apparently it traveled well clear of the carcass.

FB_IMG_1665089580863.jpg

That's Bambi's heart.  "Well" clear.

Damn, luckily my daughter only hit half the deer

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

Well, my wife came up from behind someone like you once and decided to pass only to realize,  way too late,  ma goose and the little fellers were crossing.    She still wakes up at night.   She took out 3 or 4  baby geese. 

A tragedy, and certainly unintentional. Hope the memory fades. 

Archived