Keeping our enemies close 2022 season

10 hours ago, High School Harry said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/deshaun-watson-faces-lawsuit-25th-012801019.html

Deshaun Watson faces new lawsuit from 25th woman for alleged incident in December 2020

Brent Schrotenboer, USA TODAY
Thu, October 13, 2022, 9:49 PM

Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson has been sued again for alleged sexual misconduct during a massage session, this time by a licensed massage therapist who said he pressured her into oral sex at The Houstonian hotel in Houston in December 2020.

The lawsuit was filed Thursday in Harris County, Texas, by a woman under the pseudonym Jane Swallow. She is the 25th woman to file suit and press similar misconduct claims against Watson in civil court. But it is the first since Watson was suspended by the NFL for 11 games. It also is the first lawsuit filed by a different plaintiffs’ attorney other than Tony Buzbee.

Of the previous 24 lawsuits, 23 have reached undisclosed settlement agreements, according to Buzbee, with only one remaining active before the new one was filed Thursday.

The new lawsuit outlines a similar narrative as the others, but it’s unclear if it will have any bearing on his suspension since it happened during the same time frame as the other encounters from 2020 to early 2021, when Watson played for the Houston Texans.

The plaintiff’s pseudonym is Jane Swallow and she’s accusing Watson of pressuring her to perform oral sex? I think I would have chosen a different pseudonym. 

And no, I’m not trying to make light of the situation at all. I think it’s outrageous. 

15 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

No one in their right mind is trying to mix in fentanyl.  Doses for humans are measured in micrograms.  Like Russian roulette.  

And adding it isn’t limited to illegal drugs or pot. Two female OSU students died from fentanyl laced ADHD pills they bought off the street and a 3rd one OD’d but survived. 

9 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

The plaintiff’s pseudonym is Jane Swallow and she’s accusing Watson of pressuring her to perform oral sex? I think I would have chosen a different pseudonym. 

And no, I’m not trying to make light of the situation at all. I think it’s outrageous. 

:whistle::ninja:

26 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

Generally, if a known adult plaintiff sues, courts require their identity be shown. Exceptions are multitudinous, but for simple “privacy”, they have to show conclusively of a real risk to their person/public reputations. Probably some of this was allowed by the court due to the nationally-known defendant. 

I have seen a number of pseudonyms used: but nothing like this one. Jane Doe, or name abbreviation would normally be seen. 

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Generally, if a known adult plaintiff sues, courts require their identity be shown. Exceptions are multitudinous, but for simple “privacy”, they have to show conclusively of a real risk to their person/public reputations. Probably some of this was allowed by the court due to the nationally-known defendant. 

I have seen a number of pseudonyms used: but nothing like this one. Jane Doe, or name abbreviation would normally be seen. 

I’m not questioning the legality or the reason for the pseudonym. I was just commenting on the irony of the pseudonym. 😉

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

:whistle::ninja:

Haha did you do that? I read the article and it said :

The lawsuit was filed Thursday in Harris County, Texas, by a woman under the pseudonym Jane Doe. She is the 25th woman to file suit and press similar misconduct claims against Watson in civil court, not including another woman who filed suit in March 2021 but decided not to pursue it about three weeks later.

Hey , Jane Swallow mad me laugh...

3 hours ago, Shebengal said:

And adding it isn’t limited to illegal drugs or pot. Two female OSU students died from fentanyl laced ADHD pills they bought off the street and a 3rd one OD’d but survived. 

They are making fake pills regularly these days.  Adderall and Xanax are commonly faked. We even had some local kid who had a pill press making Xanax in his garage here in Raleigh.  

2 hours ago, Cat said:

I am not well versed on street drugs - what is the purpose of lacing these drugs with fentanyl when it's killing people?

Good question.  Opioids are one of the hardest physical dependence’s to break.  If you get someone hooked they are yours.  On the other hand fentanyl laced drugs easily can have too much in them and kill your customers.  

I get why the Chinese send it over here, but I’m not sure it’s good business for N. American cartels. 

2 hours ago, Cat said:

I am not well versed on street drugs - what is the purpose of lacing these drugs with fentanyl when it's killing people?

It's stupid cheap compared to pretty much anything else out there in terms of potency.  So for example a bag of coke that is actually only say 10% cocaine and 90% inert filler will still get the user high if they add a tiny amount of fentanyl.  Bit too much or the origin batch isn't mixed thoroughly and you get an OD.  

Short answer;  Greed.  

On 10/14/2022 at 5:41 PM, T-Dub said:

It's stupid cheap compared to pretty much anything else out there in terms of potency.  So for example a bag of coke that is actually only say 10% cocaine and 90% inert filler will still get the user high if they add a tiny amount of fentanyl.  Bit too much or the origin batch isn't mixed thoroughly and you get an OD.  

Short answer;  Greed.  

For the experienced drug user they know the difference between an opioid high and a cocaine high, etc.  Then again, when you are jonesing you will take anything. 

A lot of addicts that get busted for "distribution" are ones that are able to get some opioids, or some other illegal substance, but they want  let's say meth.  So, they sell to get money to feed their own addiction and end up charged as a dealer. 

5 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

For the experienced drug user they know the difference between an opioid high and a cocaine high, etc.  Then again, when you are jonesing you will take anything. 

Know someone who relapsed but they said these days it's almost all fentanyl & that got them to clean up.  Not because of the risk so much as "there is no high" - said you pretty much pass out and wake up later, or you don't.  You won't be dope sick for a while afterwards but that's about it.  

Feel for anybody lost in that stuff.   It can snatch up anybody too - we tend to talk about "junkies" or "tweakers" like it's a stereotype or identity but none of those people started out that way.  

/soapbox. back to football

5 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

prob should want a Buffalo loss but screw KC

A tie, perhaps.

To be honest, even though my entire family in MO are Chefs fans, I too am "feeling" it more along the lines of them losing to the Bills today.  Makes no strategic sense, since we've shown we can get in the Chefs heads and can watch them collapse against us... of the two coming games I'm not yet expecting we'll win both but I feel that the Bills are gonna be a much bigger challenge than the Chefs.  But - yeah - watching them play, I find I'm rooting for Buffalo.

Maybe it's the fans at Narrowhead.... I've not got an ounce of woke Politically-Correct crap in me, yet the war chant and tomahawk chop thing they do grates on me and I could easily do without it.  Forever.

Archived