Keeping our enemies close 2022 season

3 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Yeah, gotta agree.  Stroud has the same problem the last 5 COLLEGE good OSU QBs had: They were throwing to future NFL receivers, while being protected by a few future NFL lineman and your  running back is a future NFL player as well. 

Didn't that also apply to Joey Brrrr?

:shrug: 

23 minutes ago, Cricket said:

Didn't that also apply to Joey Brrrr?

:shrug: 

Yes and no.  Yes he had a very talented team but no, Burrow played in the SEC.  LSU played 5 single digit ranked appointments during Burrow’s senior regular season:  Texas #9, Florida #7, Auburn #9, Alabama #2 and Georgia #4.  The SEC is fucking brutal.  

They also played Oklahoma  #3 and Clemson #2 so 7 for 7 verses single digit ranked opponents that year.   OSU only played 2 single digit ranked opponents that year one being the loss to Clemson. 

9 hours ago, SF2 said:

Yes and no.  Yes he had a very talented team but no, Burrow played in the SEC.  LSU played 5 single digit ranked appointments during Burrow’s senior regular season:  Texas #9, Florida #7, Auburn #9, Alabama #2 and Georgia #4.  The SEC is fucking brutal.  

They also played Oklahoma  #3 and Clemson #2 so 7 for 7 verses single digit ranked opponents that year.   OSU only played 2 single digit ranked opponents that year one being the loss to Clemson. 

SF2: “Yeah, gotta agree.  Stroud has the same problem the last 5 COLLEGE good OSU QBs had: They were throwing to future NFL receivers, while being protected by a few future NFL lineman and your  running back is a future NFL player as well.

There was no mention of the quality of opponents in your original statement.  So, instead of saying that this does not apply to Joe, may I respectfully suggest that you admit that your original statement should have been expanded to include quality of opponents?  

3 hours ago, Cricket said:

SF2: “Yeah, gotta agree.  Stroud has the same problem the last 5 COLLEGE good OSU QBs had: They were throwing to future NFL receivers, while being protected by a few future NFL lineman and your  running back is a future NFL player as well.

There was no mention of the quality of opponents in your original statement.  So, instead of saying that this does not apply to Joe, may I respectfully suggest that you admit that your original statement should have been expanded to include quality of opponents?  

I just did that with my detailed explanation.   Yes, Burrow had a lot of talent at LSU but no, he didn’t get to play patsies almost every week.  

Ohio State is 7-0 and hasn’t played any opponent currently ranked in the top 25.   It’s not their fault but Stroud literally has all day to throw.  

5 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

9 Ints and 11 fumbles will do that.

I think Indy to a shot at this old vet and missed.

Kind of surprised they came out and said it was for the rest of the season.  I get it but most teams would just make the move and not add the “rest of the season” portion.  

The curse of Andrew Luck keeps giving.

Colts owe Ryan $24 mill this year and another $29 mill after this year

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2022/10/24/23421353/colts-salary-cap-implications-to-move-on-from-veteran-qb-matt-ryan-at-seasons-end

Amazing to me how billionaire owners just don't care about $30 mill here and there. What they don't seem to get is the salary cap implications

51 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I am more amazed that they thought Ryan or Wilson had anything left, seemed pretty obvious to me both were not the QBs they once were.

I have a hard time believing Wilson is done. He had a very good season last year and is only 34.  Thinking this is more of a coaching issue. 

Ryan, on the other hand, was a serious reach.

34 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I have a hard time believing Wilson is done. He had a very good season last year and is only 34.  Thinking this is more of a coaching issue. 

Ryan, on the other hand, was a serious reach.

Wilson did though have his best success when the Hawks had a strong run game (which he did not like). Geez do the Hawks looks good now based on the trade and the way Geno is playing. I am sure Wilson will show better in time and Geno will show less in time, but right now Hawks look good. Pete the gum smacker is happy that the focus is back to running first and passing second. 

Ryan will likely never play another snap for the Clots ever.  There's a clause in his contract, if he gets injured and cannot pass a physical by the third day of the next league year (I believe), he gets paid $12M for the full season (which is guaranteed already) PLUS an additional $17+M in bonuses (which is not and is triggered by the contract if injured).

If the Clots know that he's not playing for them next year, playing him any more this year risks a VERY expensive injury.  So it's not about whether he's any good or not, or whether he can offer leadership to help groom a less-experienced QB to better himself and the team - it's only about protecting the bottom line.

Found it:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/25/matt-ryans-contract-is-the-main-reason-he-wont-play-for-the-colts-again-this-year/

4 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Ryan will likely never play another snap for the Clots ever.  There's a clause in his contract, if he gets injured and cannot pass a physical by the third day of the next league year (I believe), he gets paid $12M for the full season (which is guaranteed already) PLUS an additional $17+M in bonuses (which is not and is triggered by the contract if injured).

If the Clots know that he's not playing for them next year, playing him any more this year risks a VERY expensive injury.  So it's not about whether he's any good or not, or whether he can offer leadership to help groom a less-experienced QB to better himself and the team - it's only about protecting the bottom line.

Found it:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/25/matt-ryans-contract-is-the-main-reason-he-wont-play-for-the-colts-again-this-year/

Bottom line for the Colts is

Theyve tried  different vets to no avail since Luck.

Theyre going nowhere for some time.

Draft wont fix it.

QB league now and they don't have one.

Tennessee should.run away in their division and we'll probably see them again in the playoffs..

Chiefs Bills Bengals Titans.. 

Ravens Jets Chargers Dolphins in the hunt..

Every other team is dangerous come Sundays..

This ain't no party

This ant no disco.

This ain't no foolin around..

2 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Tennessee should.run away in their division and we'll probably see them again in the playoffs..

Chiefs Bills Bengals Titans.. 

Ravens Jets Chargers Dolphins in the hunt

Hey I would love for Cincinnati to repeat as AFC North champs, but the scheduling advantage that Baltimore has the rest of the way is just ridiculous. This Thursday night Baltimore plays at Tampa Bay, who have lost 3 consecutive games - that is the Ravens toughest game until the reg season finale at Cincinnati. Meanwhile Cincinnati also has to play at Tampa Bay later, but the difference is that's like Cincinnati's 5th or 6th remaining toughest game. Not to mention that Cincinnati is already 0-2 in the division, and will have a tough time winning any AFC North tiebreaker scenario against Baltimore.

1 hour ago, dex said:

Hey I would love for Cincinnati to repeat as AFC North champs, but the scheduling advantage that Baltimore has the rest of the way is just ridiculous. This Thursday night Baltimore plays at Tampa Bay, who have lost 3 consecutive games - that is the Ravens toughest game until the reg season finale at Cincinnati. Meanwhile Cincinnati also has to play at Tampa Bay later, but the difference is that's like Cincinnati's 5th or 6th remaining toughest game. Not to mention that Cincinnati is already 0-2 in the division, and will have a tough time winning any AFC North tiebreaker scenario against Baltimore.

This is going to be a tough pursuit. You might get a Rat upset or two along the way…and then maybe pass them in the finale. However, there is basically zero margin for error the rest of the way for the Bengals. 

Even should the Bengals win the AFCN, it is looking more and more like they will be in the same Wild-Card Weekend scenario as last season. Maybe lightning strikes twice…but it will be doubly tough. 

Frank Zappa’s nephew used to live a few houses from me.  His ex still does.

[They amicably separated years ago; don’t know if officially divorced…assuming that they were actually even officially married.  They had no kids.]

Archived