Season Ticket Members - Free AFC Championship Ring

27 minutes ago, Griever said:

oh man...may have to look at ebay for one of these in a few weeks

You will probably be sniped by Vernon Hargreaves because he was not given a real one for his off the scale moronic penalty in the Super Bowl.

Hmmmm.... just checked the team roster and he seems to be missing.  That was quick... and quiet.

44 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

You will probably be sniped by Vernon Hargreaves because he was not given a real one for his off the scale moronic penalty in the Super Bowl.

Hmmmm.... just checked the team roster and he seems to be missing.  That was quick... and quiet.

Lol, looks like he may be the Bears' problem now

These are nice, and they didn't have to do this.... but as of right now there are over 10,300 pickups remaining, each of which will involve 2-4 rings, so I figure that they're distributing 20-30,000 in all.  Even though Lizzy B is almost certainly behind this, I am confident that the team didn't spend over $1M making these, so my guess is that each one cost them no more than fifty bucks to make.

Don't get me wrong - I am NOT disparaging this at all and am thrilled that the team is doing this thing for their season ticket holders.   But when they say these are replica rings... well.... here's what the Josten's site shows for the rings the players got:

file-2132[1].webp

36 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

These are nice, and they didn't have to do this.... but as of right now there are over 10,300 pickups remaining, each of which will involve 2-4 rings, so I figure that they're distributing 20-30,000 in all.  Even though Lizzy B is almost certainly behind this, I am confident that the team didn't spend over $1M making these, so my guess is that each one cost them no more than fifty bucks to make.

Don't get me wrong - I am NOT disparaging this at all and am thrilled that the team is doing this thing for their season ticket holders.   But when they say these are replica rings... well.... here's what the Josten's site shows for the rings the players got:

file-2132[1].webp

https://comb.io/SOoTPo

19 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I just went to sign up and it now says N/A for all available pick up times.

Submitted anyway. :shrug:

Try it again.  I just checked and there are times available on all 4 pickup days.  The N/A is just the default value for each of the pulldowns.

23 hours ago, Spence said:

hello 

If anyone has an extra and willing to sell it I will take it  please. Don’t have season tickets so I can’t claim one . whodey!!

Give it some time.   It's gonna be 2-3 weeks before this distribution completes, after which an team will have hundreds of unclaimed ring because ST members have to go to PBS to pick them up - lots and lots of them either live too far away to make a special mid-week trip or are more local but missed the email or can't/won't make arrangements.

I would not be surprised if the remaining rings will be made available for purchase via the team at some point is August or September.

On 8/4/2022 at 4:30 PM, High School Harry said:

I almost forgot about that play until you reminded me.  He might have gotten away with it if he hadn’t been wearing flip flops. 

• 2 weeks later...

The first one has popped up on eBay.  As expected, it's listed at about 10x it's worth.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234660539423

$300.  Lol.

Have patience.  As more show up the prices will come down.  When the team announces it's plan regarding unclaimed rings, the prices will likely plummet.

Update.... Another one.  $50 less.  The scalpers are already undercutting each other...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225120335896

If the distribution is anything like the toques (beauty day eh) they gave out last year, they gave those out to STM's until the last regular season home game at a booth behind the south end zone.

eBay scalper prices keep falling.  48h in and they're down to $125, nearly two-thirds less than Monday's starting price, and there's already a dozen listings.  Have patience folks.... if you really want to buy one they'll be cheaper soon and I expect there will be HUNDREDS of them available before all is said and done.  :)

Supply > Demand

Edited to add:  A lot of the listings are from sellers with ZERO percent ratings.  Red flag.

Untitled.jpg

23 hours ago, MOC said:

If the distribution is anything like the toques (beauty day eh) they gave out last year, they gave those out to STM's until the last regular season home game at a booth behind the south end zone.

You're shitting me.  I have a 5h round-trip to PBS and didn't make the drive just for a ski cap, but never knew they were distributing them at games.  Dammit, my head was cold at least once that season.  Lol.

4 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

You're shitting me.  I have a 5h round-trip to PBS and didn't make the drive just for a ski cap, but never knew they were distributing them at games.  Dammit, my head was cold at least once that season.  Lol.

Nope, for real. That's where my brother and I picked ours up. I just sent an email to my ST rep asking her if they were going to do the same for the rings. I got a 4 hour round trip and not going to go just for the rings, so we'll see what she says? I'll let you know.

10 minutes ago, MOC said:

Nope, for real. That's where my brother and I picked ours up. I just sent an email to my ST rep asking her if they were going to do the same for the rings. I got a 4 hour round trip and not going to go just for the rings, so we'll see what she says? I'll let you know.

WOW, heard back already 😀 She said they can be picked up at any Home game starting with the Rams at the Season Ticket Member HQ Booth behind Section 151, same as last year.

Archived