2022 Bengals Uniform Schedule

The Bengals are expected to release their game-by-game uniform schedule for the 2022 season midweek next week, prior to the Friday night preseason game against Arizona.

The 2021 reveal came on Wednesday morning of that week.  There's no reason to expect the 2022 reveal won't be on the same general schedule.

For reference, here was last year's announcement:

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-announce-2021-uniform-schedule

I am expecting we will wear white against Pittsburgh (early September heat always leads the team to lean in this direction), and we already know it'll be white in Week 4 against Miami.  I also expect two Orange games - Cleveland and primetime against Buffalo.  We -might- swap Cleveland for Orange vs KC, since that's what we wore here last year against them.  The rest should be Black.

Road games will be White except probably Dallas, who prefers their own White unis at home.

4 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

That would be great, but some folks here would likely turn into Karens and complain to management.  Lol.

My all-time remembrance of "uniform mind-screws" had to be that 1980 NFC Championship Game in Phila. The Cowboys always wore white, and the league almost always acquiesced to their practice--whether home or on the road. Fully expecting the Iggles to come out in their standard green home uniforms, they pulled this on Dallas and went with their whites, forcing Dallas to wear their seldom-used blues. Vermeil could be a crafty bugger. 

1980–81 NFL playoffs - Wikipedia     

7 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

My all-time remembrance of "uniform mind-screws" had to be that 1980 NFC Championship Game in Phila. The Cowboys always wore white, and the league almost always acquiesced to their practice--whether home or on the road. Fully expecting the Iggles to come out in their standard green home uniforms, they pulled this on Dallas and went with their whites, forcing Dallas to wear their seldom-used blues. Vermeil could be a crafty bugger. 

1980–81 NFL playoffs - Wikipedia     

IIRC, the St Louis Football Cardinals, who wore their traditional red unis at home, would wear white against Dallas, forcing the Cowboys to wear their "unlucky" blue unis.  The Cards went 11-14-1 0.442 in those matchups during their 28 seasons in STL (1960-87).  The Cowboys posted a 247-149-7 0.611 record during those years  The Cards' 0.442 was nearly 14% better than the NFL did against Dallas at that time - so maybe Bidwell was on to something after all.   :)

Jan 7 1981 NY Times (before the game):

“The Cowboys always wear white at home and are seldom seen in blue because most teams prefer dark jerseys at home. The Cowboys wore blue jerseys four times this season and lost three times, to Denver, Los Angeles and the Giants. Their total record wearing blue is 10-10, the root of the so-called jinx and a statistic not lost on Vermeil. Landry Not Perturbed”

“The change served at least to bring retorts from the Dallas coach, Tom Landry, and the president, Tex Schramm. Landry said: ''The psychological warfare has begun. Vermeil used to coach for George Allen and he has a little bit of it in him. The jerseys are a typical move. It makes a story. They are just trying to distract us, but the best team will walk off the field the winner.''

Schramm said, ''I'm glad they're thinking more about jersey colors than about more important things. It makes me think they don't have the confidence a division champion should have.''

https://www.nytimes.com/1981/01/07/sports/eagles-devise-color-scheme-for-cowboys.html

Iggles won 20-7. 

Another good article on that game:

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/black-and-blue-the-story-of-the-1980-nfc-championship-game-20268790

“General manager Jim Murray came up with a masterful bit of gamesmanship that week. It was well known that Dallas regarded its blue jerseys as unlucky. The players were more comfortable in their familiar white jerseys. For a title game, the home team has the prerogative to pick their jersey color. All season the Eagles wore green at home but for this game Murray notified the league office that the Eagles would wear white.”

“Of course, that meant the Cowboys had to wear blue. When team president Tex Schramm got the news, he flew into a rage. Score one for the Eagles' front office.”

"They were very open about which colors they preferred," Vermeil says. "We thought, 'Why let them wear it?' It was just one more thing for them to think about."

I actually think jerseys can make an impact on a teams performance. Especially as it relates to the self-confidence and psyche of the players. Feel good, play good. 

Plus, in football where peripheral vision comes in to play for the QB and defenders, the contrast and visability + camouflage effect of a uniform can give an advantage. 

What also can't be ignored is how many teams that get new uniforms immediately drastically improve their performance. I.e. Bengals made the fucking SB in their first year with new unis. 

8 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

I actually think jerseys can make an impact on a teams performance. Especially as it relates to the self-confidence and psyche of the players. Feel good, play good. 

Plus, in football where peripheral vision comes in to play for the QB and defenders, the contrast and visability + camouflage effect of a uniform can give an advantage. 

What also can't be ignored is how many teams that get new uniforms immediately drastically improve their performance. I.e. Bengals made the fucking SB in their first year with new unis. 

I have a funny story related to uniforms. My dad coached CYO football for years. When he first started coaching, the team colors were blue and gold. One of the first games was against a team that wore black and white. He was so impressed by the intimidation factor that he convinced the school to change the colors to black and white. Now, I don’t know if the uniforms had anything to do with it, but they started winning championships after that (including beating Roger Staubach in a championship game when he was in 8th grade that, in an interview years later, he called the worst defeat he ever suffered).

9 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Was it a coincidence that Paul Brown made the Cleveland Browns' jerseys the same color as a football?

I don't think so...

15 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Was it a coincidence that Paul Brown made the Cleveland Browns' jerseys the same color as a football?

I don't think so...

…when the team is named after you, and your last name is “Brown”…I’m not sure the words “let’s make our jersey color the same as the football” were actually uttered.  🥷

…but it IS something that Paul Brown might have thought of if his last name was Smith, Jones, or whatever.

1 hour ago, Cricket said:

…when the team is named after you, and your last name is “Brown”…I’m not sure the words “let’s make our jersey color the same as the football” were actually uttered.  🥷

…but it IS something that Paul Brown might have thought of if his last name was Smith, Jones, or whatever.

Admittedly, that thought might have occurred to Al Lerner when he founded the team currently in Cleveland back in 1999, but the franchise you guys are referring to wears purple now.

Here's my guess for weekly uni colors:

fvyjjw7cyxh4snl4dt2d.jpg

Week 01: White vs PIT (wrong)

Week 02: Black at DAL

Week 03: White at NYJ (wrong)

Week 04: White Tiger vs MIA (TNF)

Week 05: White at BAL (SNF)

Week 06: White at NOS

Week 07: Black vs ATL

Week 08: White at CFT (MNF)

Week 09: Black vs CAR

Week 11: White at PIT (SNF)

Week 12: White at TEN

Week 13: Black (or Orange) vs KCC

Week 14: Orange (or Black) vs CFT

Week 15: White at TBB

Week 16: White at NEP

Week 17: Orange vs BUF (MNF) (wrong)

Week 18: Black vs BAL

Oke dokey.  Though I wish they had merged the colors with the opponent and site.  Guess that's my job ...

Week 01: Black vs PIT

Week 03: Black at NYJ

Week 11: White Tiger at PIT (SNF)

Week 13: Orange vs KCC

Week 14: Black vs CFT

Week 17: Black vs BUF (MNF)

Surprised that our 2nd White Tiger is away at Pittsburgh, and that we're not wearing Orange on MNF vs Buffalo.  Happy to see them don Orange against the Chefs - I was frankly getting tired of the predictability of always wearing that against the expansion team currently in Cleveland.  But I'm confused about opening the season In September heat in Black.

29 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Oke dokey.  Though I wish they had merged the colors with the opponent and site.  Guess that's my job ...

Week 01: Black vs PIT

Week 03: Black at NYJ

Week 11: White Tiger at PIT (SNF)

Week 13: Orange vs KCC

Week 14: Black vs CFT

Week 17: Black vs BUF (MNF)

Surprised that our 2nd White Tiger is away at Pittsburgh, and that we're not wearing Orange on MNF vs Buffalo.  Happy to see them don Orange against the Chefs - I was frankly getting tired of the predictability of always wearing that against the expansion team currently in Cleveland.  But I'm confused about opening the season In September heat in Black.

Thanks Amish, nice to see the jersey with the opponent. Now if only we knew what pants combination they were...

I like that both White Tiger games will appear in prime time, but I don't like that 4 of the 5 Bengals prime time games are in white. Would have liked more balance. 

I also wish the NFL allowed 2 games of alternate and 2 of color rush, as I would like to see the orange jerseys more than once.

3 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

I'm confused about opening the season In September heat in Black. 

... That's how little Zac respects baby hands Picksix and the Squeelers without Rapistberger. Whatever the spread is, take it and double your bet. Going to be a blowout

3 hours ago, Griever said:

Now if only we knew what pants combination they were...

With the black jersey I actually wish they would only do either the Nemo pants with orange socks (SB combo, which has grown on me) -- or black pants with black socks. The only two combos I feel they should use with black jerseys.

I hate the black jersey with the white and black pants --- and Nemo pants with white or black socks (bothers my OCD).

Archived