Game thread: Cardinals at Bengals Pre-Season Game 1 2022

3 minutes ago, SF2 said:

We aren’t much different than any other team in the league. There are not enough good starting lineman in the league to have GOOD backups. 

Yeah that's very true but ours are like... woof.  Never mind "good" I'd settle for "not a complete disaster". 

I don't think a 6th guy with some upside and versatility is out of the question. 

3 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Yeah that's very true but ours are like... woof.  Never mind "good" I'd settle for "not a complete disaster". 

I don't think a 6th guy with some upside and versatility is out of the question. 

Definitely what you hope for in the 3-5 rounds of the draft.  Someone you can develop into an average player.

A lot of average wins you titles in this league, especially in the secondary.  One shit starter is such a liability. 

1 hour ago, Jungletiger said:

Now I want to see more Plitt to Pryor

I felt kind of bad for Pryor because it was his first NFL touchdown, too, and he didn’t get to keep the ball. But it was nice to see the hometown boy do well in his debut. (I know, against scrubs but it’s still a nice story.)

Drew Plitt-The hero we didn’t know we needed. 😂😉😜

Volson needs to replace Carman as the starter on the depth chart TOMORROW Morning. 

Then Spain needs to be signed to be the backup by the afternoon.

And the team needs to consider Bates' trade value for an O lineman. The team doesn't need a guy pouting from the stands on Instagram. But they do need OL depth. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

We aren’t much different than any other team in the league. There are not enough good starting lineman in the league to have GOOD backups. 

True, but the whole game I was thinking, “Is anyone else concerned about our OL depth?” Because I am. 

Munoz had some nice things to say about Volson. He liked the fact that his work ethic was being praised more than his on the field measurables. 

Dax Hill looked good, as did Jeffrey Gunter. Trent Taylor just keeps making plays when he gets the opportunity. Kendrick Pryor had some nice plays, too. 

Thad Moss can go 👋 👋, but with Mitchell Wilcox being injured, he may stay.

2 hours ago, Shebengal said:

I felt kind of bad for Pryor because it was his first NFL touchdown, too, and he didn’t get to keep the ball. But it was nice to see the hometown boy do well in his debut. (I know, against scrubs but it’s still a nice story.)

Drew Plitt-The hero we didn’t know we needed. 😂😉😜

Plitt picked the ball up before running over to celebrate... they got that ball!

100% on volson. That first set of the three in that 14-second clip shows where he is already miles ahead of Carman. Volson is engaged, sees the late blitzer, passes his guy physically off to the LT and then squares up the late blitzer and drives him sideways giving the QB a clean pocket and clear lane to throw. Carman just will not fucking do that. 

10 hours ago, Shebengal said:

True, but the whole game I was thinking, “Is anyone else concerned about our OL depth?” Because I am. 

Munoz had some nice things to say about Volson. He liked the fact that his work ethic was being praised more than his on the field measurables. 

Dax Hill looked good, as did Jeffrey Gunter. Trent Taylor just keeps making plays when he gets the opportunity. Kendrick Pryor had some nice plays, too. 

Thad Moss can go 👋 👋, but with Mitchell Wilcox being injured, he may stay.

That was my whole thought watching the replay last night and two of those guys were starters that played a lot last night.  I believe they were.  Not on top of things like I used to be.  Plus, what about the D backups? I was not impressed. The team had too many penalties too.  

A couple things from the stadium...

60,000+ fans, I dare say most ever for a preseason game or at least that I recall, more than most Marvin home games.  Many were seemingly there to be part of Bengalmaina or more specifically, Burrowmania even though he did not play.  Lots of little kids... at those seat prices?  Line at the Pro Shop even during the game was crazy town.

The number of advertising gimmicks. whatever, on the screens was... ridiculous.  And continuous.  Yeah, pays the bills but annoying and distracting.  One was a Pampers Baby Cam where they took shots of the stands and superimposed a cartoon tiger cub face on some dupe.  What I DID notice and bugged the shit out of me was the extra advertising was at the expenses of instant replays.  They did not even replay McFearsome's 58 yarder!!!  What a rip off and sacrilege.  I and I am sure most real Bengal fans (ie everyone on here) goes for the game on the field and not free peanuts for some lucky section.

However, the extra ticket entrances were a big help even though the one I went through would not accept my paper copy.  The one next to it did.

So Sour Apples Get-Off-My-Lawn Harry sez "Save the Drama for Your Mama and Play the Freakin' Game!"

P.S.  Flounder Carman sucks ass.

38 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

A couple things from the stadium...

60,000+ fans, I dare say most ever for a preseason game or at least that I recall, more than most Marvin home games.  Many were seemingly there to be part of Bengalmaina or more specifically, Burrowmania even though he did not play.  Lots of little kids... at those seat prices?  Line at the Pro Shop even during the game was crazy town.

The number of advertising gimmicks. whatever, on the screens was... ridiculous.  And continuous.  Yeah, pays the bills but annoying and distracting.  One was a Pampers Baby Cam where they took shots of the stands and superimposed a cartoon tiger cub face on some dupe.  What I DID notice and bugged the shit out of me was the extra advertising was at the expenses of instant replays.  They did not even replay McFearsome's 58 yarder!!!  What a rip off and sacrilege.  I and I am sure most real Bengal fans (ie everyone on here) goes for the game on the field and not free peanuts for some lucky section.

However, the extra ticket entrances were a big help even though the one I went through would not accept my paper copy.  The one next to it did.

So Sour Apples Get-Off-My-Lawn Harry sez "Save the Drama for Your Mama and Play the Freakin' Game!"

P.S.  Flounder Carman sucks ass.

Marvin??? Last years average home game attendance was just over 47,000...Marvin hasn't been here for years, but maybe it IS his fault.?. No wait, maybe it was Dalton's fault. Silly talk...

Archived