Training Camp Thread 4 - News and Obs Aug 14 - Aug. 20

Pre-season game 2 is not until next Sunday. Things that I am sure we will be watching out for this week;

---how much does Burrow ramp up activity and will he be back to throwing this week yet or not (I am cautiously hopeful he is close given the conditioning work before the game last night)

---Bates was at former PBS last night, does that mean he's close to signing the tender and joining the team yet

---All eyes on LG - any indications the horror show from last night gets Volson some more reps with the first team line (and what are Pollack's and ZT's public comments on LG when they are asked about it)

The Bengals added an extra public opp to see practice later in this week so we should still get regular obs from reporters and attenders as the week unfolds. They are back at it tomorrow (Sunday). 

I'm hoping for a Quentin Spain sighting this week. He's certainly better than some of the depth they have now. 

As for Bates, the team can't sign him long term, even if they wanted to. And neither can any other team, even if they wanted to. So I'm not sure what he thinks he's accomplishing by holding out. His only 2 options are give up 13 million and sit out the season -- or play this year for it. That's it. 

Archived