Training Camp Thread 4 - News and Obs Aug 14 - Aug. 20

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

Logan Wilson being able to kick fgs and punt is nice as if there is ever an in-game injury the team has a backup ready. No more days of Ocho lining up to kick 

To be completely fair, OC LOVED to kick fieldgoals during practice. He drilled a 60 yarder once (not hiked or held by a person). OC is a good kicker. 

7 hours ago, membengal said:

Never understood that. When I played baseball, at the end of each game we shake hands. I would say "That was one hell of a catch you made". to an opponent and would give him a pat on the shoulder. I loved the game so I would always give props to the opposing team when they did something crazy during the game. This was high school baseball, but we were top 10 in the state for as long as I played so it's wasn't like we were just so bad we didn't have any fire in our bellies, I just felt like being nice. 

Oh and there are players I did know as well from little league and some teammates on the U18 teams I took part in (in regards to tournaments). I have never got mad because I loved the game!

11 hours ago, Gary said:

Never understood that. When I played baseball, at the end of each game we shake hands. I would say "That was one hell of a catch you made". to an opponent and would give him a pat on the shoulder. I loved the game so I would always give props to the opposing team when they did something crazy during the game. This was high school baseball, but we were top 10 in the state for as long as I played so it's wasn't like we were just so bad we didn't have any fire in our bellies, I just felt like being nice. 

Oh and there are players I did know as well from little league and some teammates on the U18 teams I took part in (in regards to tournaments). I have never got mad because I loved the game!

That's funny. My son played high school baseball and his team won the City League all 4 years. He is really good friends now with one of the pitchers from their biggest rival (who they beat all 4 years to get to the championship game and continue to beat every year to get to the championship.) I once asked him if he ever talked smack to his friend and he was like, "No. He struck me out 3 times. Why would I talk smack to him?" LOL!!

Archived