Training Camp Thread 4 - News and Obs Aug 14 - Aug. 20

On 8/19/2022 at 8:41 AM, Shebengal said:

That's funny. My son played high school baseball and his team won the City League all 4 years. He is really good friends now with one of the pitchers from their biggest rival (who they beat all 4 years to get to the championship game and continue to beat every year to get to the championship.) I once asked him if he ever talked smack to his friend and he was like, "No. He struck me out 3 times. Why would I talk smack to him?" LOL!!

Jason McDonald was a teammate at Elk Grove High (he was a year ahead of me) but he played for the Oakland A's. It's funny though because the ONLY time I was a teammate of his was when we both played for Elk Grove. Winter League, and U18 we were on opposing teams. We would smack talk each other all the time. He's a good guy though and the U18 people pretty much all knew each other because we would always be playing against each other. Another guy that was an opponent most of the year that played with me in high school was Dennis Mauch. He was flipping the best catcher I had ever seen. Dude could throw out anyone because he was a pitcher that could hit any spot. His issue was his strength. He broke his arm when we were kids at the same elementary school on the swing and he changed from pitcher to catcher because he was getting arm pain when throwing too much. So he pitched from 7 years old until 12 years old. Amazing pitcher though. Great catcher, but during his rookie league year before going into class A he got into a car accident and messed his leg up. Such bad luck for him :( 

Archived