They cut that guy? Lets get him

37 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Trade before they cut him.

He won't last until we get a shot on waivers.

They've said they reached out to every team and no one wanted to trade for him.  Don't know if that's because of what they wanted or that no one wants to pay for distressed goods. 

2 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

They've said they reached out to every team and no one wanted to trade for him.  Don't know if that's because of what they wanted or that no one wants to pay for distressed goods. 

Why trade away assets, knowing the Raiders were going to cut him.

1 hour ago, membengal said:

I think because of years of service he became a FA not subject to waiver process. So, no, 31 teams didn't pass on him, after Bills cut him he was free to go where he wants and there is an interested team. 

It sure helps having a QB like JB since both Hurst and OJ will benefit themselves for their next contracts playing with him. 

2 hours ago, membengal said:

So...there's your 3rd TE 

Curious what people smarter than me think about this.  I was thinking I heard some talk about him being a problematic player, i.e. attitude or locker room or whatever?  He's a TE that I've actually heard of and was a surprise cut, plus we really needed another TE, so on the surface it seems like a really nice pickup.  Thoughts?

8 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

Curious what people smarter than me think about this.  I was thinking I heard some talk about him being a problematic player, i.e. attitude or locker room or whatever?  He's a TE that I've actually heard of and was a surprise cut, plus we really needed another TE, so on the surface it seems like a really nice pickup.  Thoughts?

I am not smarter than you....however I think they cut a guy and ate 3 million to do so. That's bad. He has always been a rare athlete and never had incredible production. He is 28. I think this is more of a flash then quality pickup. Wanted other dudes. 

2 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

I am not smarter than you....however I think they cut a guy and ate 3 million to do so. That's bad. He has always been a rare athlete and never had incredible production. He is 28. I think this is more of a flash then quality pickup. Wanted other dudes. 

Injury issues?  Achilles?

Not sure about attitude.

Archived