Okay, Preseason Is Over - It's Stealer Week

6 hours ago, stryker57 said:

i wouldnt be surprised if this isnt an attempt to disguise their starting QB ,  unless pickett is injured or traumatized i expect him to be dressed and at a min, ready to play in the 2nd half. 

you dont stretch out announcing till the last minute and then put the other guy at 3rd string. 

Posted elsewhere but will throw it up here, too.

Stephan A on ESPN's topic this morning was "Will Mitch Turbinski be benched for Kenny PIcksix".

Only the Squeels would make their second string quarterback a captain. :pissing::steelerssuck:

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

One thing you learn growing up in a Dallas Cowboys household:  how a team plays has almost nothing to do with how the media talks about them.  

One thing I vividly remember, was the “can’t miss” drum banging in 1989 coming out of the press about the Bengals. 

Then, 1989 happened. 

28 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

The "re-structure" use of the cap has never been used by the Bengals; will be interesting to see if they do start to use it down the road to create needed cap space to retain key guys. 

Was thinking this same exact thing when I posted this. Could be some new cap gymnastics for this franchise, which may not necessarily be a bad thing for them to delve into finally. Find all those loopholes and use it to your advantage.

4 minutes ago, Griever said:

Was thinking this same exact thing when I posted this. Could be some new cap gymnastics for this franchise, which may not necessarily be a bad thing for them to delve into finally. Find all those loopholes and use it to your advantage.

Not only is it not a bad thing to do, it is absolutely an essential thing to do.

Look at the Bills, who have the best talent base in the league. They are paying franchise QB money to Allen, but that hasn't stopped them from adding a top free agent like Von Miller and then extending WR Diggs and now TE Knox so that they are paid around the top of the market for their positions. That is the kind of thing Cincinnati will be competing with going forward, and the only way to keep up is to start doing things in a different way than you've ever done it before. Even the Stealers, another family owned franchise, have adopted a new contract model in order to try to stay relevant and keep up with the rest of the league. 

Archived