Okay, Preseason Is Over - It's Stealer Week

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I don't know much about art but..

Nothing surprises anymore. 

However, I did see something similar at an all-day concert in the old Cleveland Rattrap back in the '70's. The restrooms in that garbage scow were infrequent, and always crowded. To top that off, there were no urinals--simply long troughs. I remember standing in line inside one of these facilities, and hearing female voices behind me. I asked one of the ladies "Wrong place?" She replied "Nope, we aren't waiting for the Women's to clear out". Danged if they didn't use the troughs--it was flabbergasting.  

56 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

However, I did see something similar at an all-day concert in the old Cleveland Rattrap back in the '70's. The restrooms in that garbage scow were infrequent, and always crowded. To top that off, there were no urinals--simply long troughs. I remember standing in line inside one of these facilities, and hearing female voices behind me. I asked one of the ladies "Wrong place?" She replied "Nope, we aren't waiting for the Women's to clear out". Danged if they didn't use the troughs--it was flabbergasting.  

As I remember it the Astrodome had those piss-troughs.  I want to say round ones? Clogged and overflowing by halftime. More of a piss-fountain really..

26 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

As I remember it the Astrodome had those piss-troughs.  I want to say round ones? Clogged and overflowing by halftime. More of a piss-fountain really..

One can find almost anything on the internet:

Cleveland Stadium (old Rattrap):

Cleveland Municipal Stadium memories - DawgTalkers.net

Closest I could find at the Astrodome:

image.jpeg.67c9d2c861bf5e254d61c869207b1a16.jpeg

3 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Had a similar experience at the Billy Joel/Elton John concert at the Shoe in 1994. Women commandeered the stalls in one of the mens’ rooms. Two women stood in front of the third one, then they switched off. 

37 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I think it is a group sink for washing hands.

Step on the bar on the bottom to turn on the water.

Had one in my ancient elementary school.

That is a sink. 

Anyone remember the Cincinnati Gardens in the 70s?   I believe they had a square trough for men.  

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

probably, hopefully, removed long ago

like this but on bare concrete

nnQqVdP.jpg

Those aren't made to pee in, they are for washing your hands. You step on the round thing on the floor and water pours out of the dispenser on top. Guess it could be used for peeing in if you're a heathen (stealer fans). 

53 minutes ago, BengalBuck said:

Those aren't made to pee in, they are for washing your hands. You step on the round thing on the floor and water pours out of the dispenser on top. Guess it could be used for peeing in if you're a heathen (stealer fans). 

Plus strawberry cake if you want it..

Okay I'll play...there was a huge crappy bar in the Fairfield, OH area just north of Cincinnati back in the early 80's ("Bonkers" maybe?) that had a rectangular piss trough ISLAND.  Guys would stand across from eachother...a decent stream could reach the guy on the other side...totally weird.

4 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

Okay I'll play...there was a huge crappy bar in the Fairfield, OH area just north of Cincinnati back in the early 80's ("Bonkers" maybe?) that had a rectangular piss trough ISLAND.  Guys would stand across from eachother...a decent stream could reach the guy on the other side...totally weird.

Lol.. Good story.

1 hour ago, BengalBuck said:

:MotherOfGusta-min:

That..  sounds like the Astrodome

:lmao:

4 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

Wasn't Bonkers a later version of the Dixie Electric Company?  That was in Hamilton. 

The square piss trough island I remember was at the Cincinnati Gardens. 

Archived