Okay, Preseason Is Over - It's Stealer Week

49 minutes ago, dex said:

Not only is it not a bad thing to do, it is absolutely an essential thing to do.

Look at the Bills, who have the best talent base in the league. They are paying franchise QB money to Allen, but that hasn't stopped them from adding a top free agent like Von Miller and then extending WR Diggs and now TE Knox so that they are paid around the top of the market for their positions. That is the kind of thing Cincinnati will be competing with going forward, and the only way to keep up is to start doing things in a different way than you've ever done it before. Even the Stealers, another family owned franchise, have adopted a new contract model in order to try to stay relevant and keep up with the rest of the league. 

What is funny though is the last few days the Giants had to do this to clear cap space. Low talent team but they need to clear cap space lol.

Back on point, Mikey has always looked to the Stealers as franchise models when it comes to cap, etc. so not a bad thing to see the Stealers do this. 

On 9/1/2022 at 12:29 PM, T-Dub said:

Ah yes, the first 2-3 weeks of college football..  Featuring exciting match-ups like Iowa vs Central Kansas Tech or Ohio State vs Pigknuckle A&M.   Will they cover the 30 point spread? Boy I can't wait to find out!

I can't afford to place a bet big enough to make these tune-up punching bag games watchable. 

they dont do that anymore.

On 9/1/2022 at 12:02 PM, Griever said:

love this guy as a person, lets hope that switch somehow equates to good football, as he hasnt done that yet on the field. all of my nerves revolve around Volson

On 9/5/2022 at 8:55 PM, BlackJesus said:

Pickett 3rd string and won't even dress on game day?  ... 

IMG_20220905_225310.jpg

IMG_20220905_225323.jpg

classic

On 9/6/2022 at 1:41 PM, BlackJesus said:

I would have picked Burfict ... But ok 

IMG_20220906_154056.jpg

good for Dave, i used to dislike him, but he is a good dude who loves the team no doubt.

16 hours ago, Cricket said:

…which stealer game(s) did he officiate?

vs cleveland and v baltimore. 

https://www.nflpenalties.com/referee/shawn-hochuli?year=2021&view=week

the Baltimore steelers game was the least amount of penalty yards thrown on the season for his crew.

both bengals games flags were in favor of the bengals majority in both.

37 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Coach Lou on Week 1

He kept looking over his shoulder, especially at the beginning of the interview like, "OK, I better make sure I don't say anything that helps the Stealers.  If I do, by the way, I'll have to kill all of you."

Also, I harped for years and years that "total yards" means absolutely nothing.  Just nice to hear Anarumo say the obvious (because there are still too many people who try to point out that total yards is a reflection of how good a Defense is).

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2022/9/8/23330598/bengals-rookie-report-where-they-stand-at-seasons-beginning

Devin Cochran arguably had the cleanest preseason out of any Bengals offensive linemen. It definitely helped that he played just one position (right tackle) throughout the month. Now, he’ll likely fill in on both sides of the center on the practice squad.

Anyone have thoughts on this dude for potential down the road? Not sure I heard his name mentioned during the pre-season.

Archived