Those poor refugees in N.O.

Ben

# Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will donate $50 to the Hurricane Katrina relief fund for every yard he throws for Sunday against the Tennessee Titans at Heinz Field. He'll also donate $250 for every touchdown pass. "Hopefully, I'll have a big passing game and get some money donated for the people down there" said Roethlisberger. Roethlisberger's best efforts statistically last season were 316 yards against the Giants (which would net $15,800) and two touchdowns on six different occasions. "Hopefully, this will be a great side note to a win," he said. Asked if he had a personal connection with any of those hit by Katrina and its aftermath, Roethlisberger said, "I don't know how you can watch TV and not have a personal connection with what's happening down there. I don't have any family down there. But just by watching TV, you have to feel for the people down there, and, you want to help. That's the reason I'm doing it."

[quote name='whodey24k' date='Sep 8 2005, 09:33 AM']with bettis and staley being out the titans won't have to put the usual 8 guys in the box, which means big ben is gonna have to play against some real coverages. those people will be lucky to $10,000 out of him. [b]maybe he should donate, $3000 for each turnover[/b][right][post="144349"][/post][/right][/quote]

:D

how about a thousand or so for each wounded duck he throws?

Archived