Cuts, Trades and Pick Ups?

Roster Moves: Bengals Reduce Roster To 53 Players

Aug 30, 2022 at 04:00 PM
  •  
  •  
  •  

The Bengals today made the following player moves to reach the NFL roster limit of 53:

Placed one player on the Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform list:

• LB Joe Bachie (knee)

Terminated the contracts of three vested veterans (NOTE: These players are released to free agency and thus free to sign with another team or to re-sign with the Bengals):

• S Trayvon Henderson
  • DE Noah Spence
  • WR Mike D. Thomas
Waived 23 players:

LS Cal Adomitis

QB Jake Browning

P Drue Chrisman

OT Devin Cochran

DT Domenique Davis

TE Nick Eubanks

G Lamont Gaillard (injured)

G Nate Gilliam

LB Clarence Hicks

CB Delonte Hood

WR Trenton Irwin

DE Raymond Johnson III

LB Keandre Jones

WR Kwamie Lassiter II

• TE Thaddeus Moss
  • G Desmond Noel (injured)
  • HB Jacques Patrick
  • WR Kendric Pryor
  • TE Justin Rigg
  • LB Tegray Scales
  • DT Tyler Shelvin
  • DT Tariqious Tisdale

PRACTICE SQUAD: All NFL players are eligible to be signed to a team's practice squad in 2022, though players who are waived must clear waivers first. The Bengals plan to announce tomorrow a practice squad of up to 16 players.

11 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

WYM?  They've got 3 maybe 4 legit starters, huge improvement, everything is fine :ninja:

Which, honestly, just makes them like pretty much every other team in the NFL right now. 
The advent of the spread offense in the college game has completely ravaged the quality of offensive line play in the NFL. Unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, spicoli said:

Which, honestly, just makes them like pretty much every other team in the NFL right now. 
The advent of the spread offense in the college game has completely ravaged the quality of offensive line play in the NFL. Unfortunately. 

Not wrong there.  If we can make a SB with last year's OL then this group could actually win one.

2 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

I'm sure they can find someone on the Waived list than every Olineman on their current squad, amirite??😂

Safe to say there will be someone cut that is better than the bottom of our depth chart but being 31/32 on the list we've got very little chance of landing them.

Stealers made a trade for an O-lineman. Have no idea if he's any good

The Vikings have made their second trade of the day, sending veteran guard Jesse Davis to the Stealers for a conditional 2025 seventh-round pick, according to NFL Network.

8 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

Smart to send a late round pick for someone that will be cut being so low in waiver wire priority.  I'm sure the staff has their eyes on a few players.  

Isn't it too late for that now?  Didn't all teams have to have their 53 by 4pm EST so everyone available is already in the waiver system by now?

I guess it does still apply as different shuffling occurs as teams pick up players and have to waive others to make room.

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

Exactly. Pat Kirwan on Sirius today said there is not one OL cut today worth picking up, lack of OL league wide.

I would like to see a serviceable tight end, too.

Tormund Giantsbane is going to be GREAT and Drew Sample is overlooked and plays a role but it injured.

That leaves Wilcox who I know little about.

I honestly don't think we will find better on the waiver wire from what we cut

if you don't count Leatherwood (if he was cut and made it to 31) and O.J. Howard seems to be poison.

I do, however, like Kenny's idea about bringing back Q Spain after the first game of the season

for salary reasons.

Archived