Cuts, Trades and Pick Ups?

I am glad we signed Browning to practice squad. I will be his biggest fan here as long as he's on the Bengals. The kid can play, and he's a winner. His sophomore season in Washington was amazing. The coaching kinda let him down the next two years, but the team still won. Not to mention he's a flipping leader and a boy scout. You will never hear anything bad about Browning. I am glad nobody picked him up. I kinda wished that he was the backup over Allen, but I guess we are just re-negotiating Allen's contract which is why we dropped him?

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

So no OJ Howard?

I dunno. It looked like a good move on paper.  He didn’t seem to click with Brady (who got Gronk to come back) but had ok years before that.    Overall #19 pick that didn’t live up to the slot. 

18 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I dunno. It looked like a good move on paper.  He didn’t seem to click with Brady (who got Gronk to come back) but had ok years before that. Overall #19 pick that didn’t live up to the slot. 

Waid did Grock come back again or we you meaning last year?

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Waid did Grock come back again or we you meaning last year?

Last 2 years. Howard’s utilization dropped off once Gronk came back.   Brady and him didn’t get along it seems.   

I think the Bills have to guarantee 3.5 mil for THIS year regardless.  The more I read, the more it seems this guy might not be worth it. 

Hobnob believes the signing of Asiasi takes us out of the OJ Howard market:

Linky: https://www.bengals.com/news/duke-tobin-zac-taylor-stage-supplemental-draft

"The Bengals were surprised they got three of the claims and when Asiasi came through, that may have taken them out of the O.J. Howard discussion."

and

"The 6-3, 257-pound Asiasi is a big man, a blocker the Bengals were seeking at that spot. While Howard is more of a receiver and would have had a role, Asiasi brings a different brand that tight ends coach James Casey thinks is also valuable."

Too bad, it would've been fun to start him against the Bills, who are on the hook for most of his 2022 salary.  Kinda like how Cleveland's Football Team is forced to pay Mayfly to start against them in Carolina next week.  Lol.

20 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Last 2 years. Howard’s utilization dropped off once Gronk came back.   Brady and him didn’t get along it seems.   

I think the Bills have to guarantee 3.5 mil for THIS year regardless.  The more I read, the more it seems this guy might not be worth it. 

I dont think Howard is worth it either.

Same with Leatherwood imo..

Both of them have physical tools but

they may lack that glass eating aspect to their game that make them soft by nfl standards..

4 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Bengals need a run blocking TE more than a backup receiving TE.  Good move.  

Yes and Scharping is an upgrade at backup guard..

Scharpings footwork and techniqyes 

are mediocre but at 6'6 327lbs his a road grader at guard.

Hopefully Coach Pollack can help cleanup his flaws.

49 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I dont think Howard is worth it either.

Same with Leatherwood imo..

Both of them have physical tools but

they may lack that glass eating aspect to their game that make them soft by nfl standards..

Completely agree. Big names on the decline. We picked up guys who were surprise cuts on the rise. 

Archived