Huber or Drue ?

I see a whole lot of people assuming we keep Drue but I see a whole lot of stupid reasoning for doing so, my favorite being "he is cheaper" Kevin base is 1.6mil, minimum wage is now 700k+ and i doubt he gets minimum wage and kevin already got a signing bonus so Huber is gonna be a cap hit of 1.8mil, and drue would likely be a spend of 1mil minimum plus the 150k given to huber, so either a punter spend at 1.8 or like 1.2, i dont think 600k is a factor worth mentioning for this season.

according to Dave Lapham, huber has been more accurate and had better hang time than Drue, Drue has kicked further but ended in net short due to touchbacks or long returns he allowed.

I kind of agree with Laphams assesment, he said if youre going to unseat Huber as the guy, you need to be way better, and at best you can argue Drue is equal even though he isnt performing as well per se. 

so do you mix up the kick game holder for a punter who has some ups and downsides to his kicks but should be good for a while, or roll with the vet while youre making a SB run?

i can see both sides, but i lean towards huber for consistency on both ends of the job.

thoughts?

10 minutes ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

Not sure but if we keep Huber this is his last year

100%, he was iffy even returning for this year.

i dont know how much of a factor that is, if huber retires next year and Drue is locked up in buffalo or Indy, we just need to grab a punter.. 32 teams agree Drue isnt worth plucking fro ma practice squad all last year.

no idea what that means either.

Just now, UncleEarl said:

Other than drag the kid kicker out for the Super Bowl halftime show, how has Harris deteriorated?

he also is retiring, he and huber decided together to return for one more year, regardless of decisions it sounded VERY much like both would be walking away next year regardless..

11 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

he also is retiring, he and huber decided together to return for one more year, regardless of decisions it sounded VERY much like both would be walking away next year regardless..

11 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

Reds Good point we also hopefully can keep Adomitis on the practice squad as he is Harris’ heir apparent 

2 hours ago, GoBengals said:

After your read I side with a good vet

for the run..

That hangtime is a must..

4 hours ago, membengal said:

kind of what i thought after Laphams take.

4 hours ago, Cricket said:

I have very mixed emotions about this…

agreed. i think its old bengals thoughts of forever building for the future, this team was building to win now since i was 7 years old.

4 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Wow.  It may be a day of surprises.  

always a few on cut day around the league. now if someone for some reason would just cut a great LG who somehow also clears 30 other teams waiver wire.

4 hours ago, dex said:

Hopefully the Bengals won't have to punt often.

didnt even think of that. its a valid point, we are kicking from the 43 in and going for it from mid field, only drives less than 25-30 yards should be punts.

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

If the young guy doesn't separate himself, you go with the vet.

exactly how it went down

3 hours ago, saphead said:

One last ride with Huber. I hope he goes out with a ring. 

hell yes.

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Good thinkin'.

Any hot college punters out there?

I mean, who did not violently rape a teener and give her an STD?

i dunno, apparently punters are out here raping and mangling women. 

Archived