2022 Regular Season Game 1 - Stealers at Bengals 9/11/22 Game thread

Just now, BengalBuck said:

Not often you lose because you lost your long snapper

QB is picked 4 times, fumbles twice, and gets sacked 7 times.  This should have never been a game.  This is 100% on Taylor.  Terrible decisions to not play any starters in the preseason.  Terrible playcalling.  Terrible offensive line play.  The Stealers are garbage.  The Bengals found a way to lose because they were unprepared and that is on Taylor.

Worst game I have ever seen. We had no business having a chance to win it.

Screw you Burrow... Humble up man.. 

Screw you McPherson... practice your short kicks for once. 

Screw you offensive line.... Go back to the drawing board.... You guys SUCKED today. 

Screw you Taylor.... You had horrendous play calling. 

Game ball goes to the garbage can. At least it did what it's supposed to do (collect trash) which is how the Bengals played. 

Truly one of the top few horrendous games for the Bengals, and that is surely saying something.  Let's note that it's ALL on the offense (can't blame special teams for an injury, that's on Taylor for not being prepared).

O-line was beyond a disappoint, a real travesty.  All that money, all that hype, and they were arguably worse than last year's unit. 

Just now, HavePityPlease said:

It's worth doubting, but Staratore was apparently down on the field, right on the line, and he said it was a TD if they reviewed it.

Didn't he catch a TD a couple plays later?  I'm already confused about all the terrible plays and calls.  Taylor is approaching Marvin level as bad gameday coach.

1 minute ago, saphead said:

I just smashed my TV in front of 30 guests at my home because of this game. My wife just took our crying kids to spend the week at a hotel. This team has ruined my life and my party. I can't handle this anymore.

Hell yeah

7 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

It's not just Burrow.  Whole team read their headlines.  Hell, most of us here bought the hype.  Boy Blunder head coach. 

Hopefully, they get to work.  Little of that so far.

I don’t think Burrow was cocky in any way, he was just off a lot of throws, even later in the game. But the offense as a whole was abysmal. 

Uggggghhhhhhh!!!!!  Too much blame to go around. I know they definitely didn't play well enough to win, but raw talent gritted it out, and Joe threw Chase would definitely should have been the game winner on the last play of regulation!!! This had me bouncing off the walls with euphoria, only to have my heart ripped out and put on puree in my blender a minute later. All because we enter an NFL season with only one guy on the roster capable of a long snap? C'mon Taylor. This is the WORST  kind of loss. They fight  back against all odds for a miracle, then piss it away with a backup being unprepared. Ouch.

Just now, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I don’t think Burrow was cocky in any way, he was just off a lot of throws, even later in the game. But the offense as a whole was abysmal. 

Burrow was bad, and he participated in the hype with his Instagram.  Now he eats the crow with the rest of them.

21 minutes ago, Gary said:

Worst game I have ever seen. We had no business having a chance to win it.

Screw you Burrow... Humble up man.. 

Screw you McPherson... practice your short kicks for once. 

Screw you offensive line.... Go back to the drawing board.... You guys SUCKED today. 

Screw you Taylor.... You had horrendous play calling. 

Game ball goes to the garbage can. At least it did what it's supposed to do (collect trash) which is how the Bengals played. 

Oh please. Burrow was under pressure all day.  No, he did not play well but he did make enough plays to win the game at the end 3 FUCKING TIMES.  THATS THREE. 

McPhearson?  Are you kidding me??  A kicker sees the snap and executes the EXACT MOTION every time.  If the ball ain’t there in the right place in time, it isn’t on him. 

Offensive line. Yep, I will give you that one. They were not good BUT are we supposed to pretend Pittsburgh does not have a GREAT defense?? Watt and Hayward are GREAT players. 

Taylor’s offensive play calling was bad for much of the game.  It got better later and WE SHOULD HAVE WON. 

And if you are say “screw you Burrow”  then go fuck yourself.  Seriously, you are not a fan. Fuck off. 

1 minute ago, SF2 said:

Taylor’s offensive play calling was bad for much of the game.  It got better later and WE SHOULD HAVE WON. 

Same story as last year.  Taylor is awful.  Until he turns the game over to Burrow they look like dogshit. 

I would say Pollack is on notice.  The fact the dumbass Taylor didn't allow them to play together in the preseason is an excuse, but if they don't get better in a month or so....

Archived