2022 Regular Season Game 1 - Stealers at Bengals 9/11/22 Game thread

3 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

sounds like Watt has a torn pec and likely done for the year as that recovery takes 6 months to a year

Yeah, once he and Heyward were out the OL did better, but still had an unblocked blitzer take Burrow down late and ruin any chance at a score. 

4 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Oh please. 

McPhearson?  Are you kidding me??  A kicker sees the snap and executes the EXACT MOTION every time.  If the ball ain’t there in the right place in time, it isn’t on him. 

That's on Taylor, he should have told the holder to fall on it if the snap sucks 

We all, including us fans, deserved this loss. We drank and got drunk on the SB Kool-aid and we have been drinking it since March...that decision to not play our starters in the preseason is coming back so fervently that we deserve to get the loss next week as well.  Terrible performance all around with exception of the defense--they came to play and gave us the opportunities that the offense repeatedly crapped on.  There are reasons they have a pre-season in the first damn place.  And the Bengals should know that nothing is give; other teams dont give a damn about what you did the previous season.  Its called the past for a reason.

Every body better see this game and learn nothing is given and to prepare for week 1 the same way you prepared for the AFC championship.

Now that we have this stain on this record already, I cant help but really feel this loss fucked us today and its gonna fuck us down the road as well...

Just now, Jamie_B said:

yeah anyone blaming that on McPherson and not on Taylor for not  having a back up snapper who can do the job doesnt understand football

At least they have adomitis if Harris can’t come back I would have loved the miracle win but they had no right winning turning the ball over 5 times and not getting a turnover

2 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

... I was hoping he would join Shazier. 

But I'll take it. 

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha 

10 minutes ago, sois said:

That's on Taylor, he should have told the holder to fall on it if the snap sucks 

Agree with that - Huber screwed up twice.  Taylor kicked on third down doing the right thing - fall on ball and kick short FG on 4th down.  Huber messed that up…. He also hiked the ball with 15 secs on play clock that last drive and then kicked it in the end zone.  Time and distance was the difference that last drive.  Love his kegacy - but that was on him twice for not doing bis job….

Archived