2022 Regular Season Game 1 - Stealers at Bengals 9/11/22 Game thread

1 hour ago, Cricket said:

It’s not a cheap play.  Burrow was making a play to try to tackle the player running back the interception.  Perfectly legal, which is why “there was no penalty on the play”.  If Joe just stood there and Watts hits him, then that would have been a personal foul.  

Chase got flagged for taunting because he ripped off the stealer’s mouth guard and tossed it.  

There were plenty of plays with bad calls (and bad no-calls), but these were not among them.

🦗

That is your opinion and I will stick with mine.  There is no difference in a WR going for a ball and a player hits him as the ball goes over his head and they call a penalty.  I have seen many times the Refs call a penalty hitting a QB that is far away from the play.  Burrow was no where near the guy to make the tackle.  Watt is a dirty Scumbag player.  Karma got his butt with his injury.  Please tell me how Chase’s penalty is taunting?  That is not taunting. 

18 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

If you wonder why I want the Squeelers plane to crash in a flaming ball of death and agony ... This video helps explain it 💩

That is why their team will always be Scumbag dirtbags.  They get all of this from their HCs over the years.  

27 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Those guys play 17 games a year “minimum” if healthy. A few series in pre season isn’t going to make or break a player. Injuries are totally random in most cases.  Lack of practice isn’t. 

i dont know if i agree with that, there is a reason they have changed the rules over the years about number of practices you can play in pads or other things, its because the amount of wear and tear you put on the body over a season does have an effect

6 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

i dont know if i agree with that, there is a reason they have changed the rules over the years about number of practices you can play in pads or other things, its because the amount of wear and tear you put on the body over a season does have an effect

Well, they looked like total shit the first half. Kind of like they hadn’t played any real football for 6 months. 

Burrow was NOT ready or prepared for an actual pass rush.  

14 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

That is why their team will always be Scumbag dirtbags.  They get all of this from their HCs over the years.  

Starts at the top. Rooneys were mobsters running greyhound tracks & rub n' tugs, NFL even made them sell some of that shit back when they still pretended to care about gambling.  A bunch of them decided they were fine with the racetracks, thanks anyway. Sounds like they all hate each other for par.  https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=3477065

Anyway, today was their Sooper Bowl.  FTS, we'll go hang another 40 on them at home for Thanksgiving.

5 hours ago, membengal said:

with the backup snapper have to probably do that - but wondering why they didn't go for 2 at end of regulation all things being equal

Because their Defense had been so good, they'd probably get another chance to win it with a TD drive.

I thought first half the entire offense thought they were doing seven on seven drills. Very rusty, but give and take risking injury in the preseason understand. Burrow just seemed off normally he feels backside blitz from corner. He seemed to stare down receivers,  as well. I wish the coaches would tell him to check ball down on side tj watt isn’t playing. Running herst  right behind defensive player of year, seemed pretty questionable. Like tj will not see this. Just line up and pound on them for while. They couldn’t stop chase I would have force fed him early often. He is your number 1 treat him like that get him more involved early. Onto Jerry’s world stay healthy we should be good. 

I'm wondering if the Bengals will get an "Oopsie... we screwed up" on the non-touchdown that would have won the game handily.

Yeah, Doghouse Zac didn't throw the red rag in time (at all?) but a definite officiating screw up.

I wonder if the ass clown who initiated the helmet to helmet hit on Tee, knocked off his helmet and gave him a concussion

on an uncalled penalty will get a fine from the NFL (that will be off set by the bounty paid by the Squeels locker room).

I also wonder if water will no longer be wet and Tyler Shelving will flap his arms and fly to the moon.

Archived