2022 Regular Season Game 1 - Stealers at Bengals 9/11/22 Game thread

9 minutes ago, Mikeslumina said:

This is a great breakdown from Kurt Warner of the game against Stealers. I think we should have been running more based on how joe was seeing the field and all yards we had last year on ground against pitt.

Mixon ran 27 times.

Dont know how much more one could expect from him

27 carries 82yrds..3yrds a pop.

Take away the 33yrd run

26 carries 49yrds..less than 2ypc .

The Oline was equally inefficient at run blocking as their futile attempt a protecting JB..

Oline has to come up better than that circus display of ineptness..

How about using Evans some out of back field? Run 50 times based on all the turnover I am not big fan of spread no one In to help chip. They had 100 snaps on offens,  so we ran 30 percent? Run run run no turn overs . Play marv ball. Joking yeah it’s one game hopefully joe is good to go . I am all in just interesting how he wasn’t seeing things he normally sees in his sleep. It was his first time playing without brace,  too . 

1 hour ago, Mikeslumina said:

This is a great breakdown from Kurt Warner of the game against Stealers. I think we should have been running more based on how joe was seeing the field and all yards we had last year on ground against pitt.

Didn't MIxon carry the ball 17 times in the first half???

Late to the party and hope folks see this here.

A real WTF..

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nfl-hands-out-54000-fines-unsportsmanlike-conduct-taunting-week-1

The NFL notoriously began cracking down on unsportsmanlike conduct and taunting last season, and it continued in Week 1.

Ja'Marr Chase was penalized twice.

Chase was penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct when he ripped out the mouthpiece of a Pittsburgh Stealers player. He also gave the double bird to Minkah Fitzpatrick.

https://www.fox19.com/2022/09/17/bengals-jamarr-chase-fined-more-than-23000-Stealers-minkah-fitzpatrick-not-fined/

CINCINNATI (ENQUIRER) - Bengals receiver Ja’Marr Chase received two fines totaling more than $23,000 for unsportsmanlike conduct this past week, according to a report via Twitter from NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.

Stealers safety Minkah Fitzpatrick, named AFC Defensive Player of the Week thanks in part to his pick-6 of Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow on Cincinnati’s first offensive series, was not fined for either of his hits to the heads of defenseless players that drew unnecessary-roughness penalties.

Fitzpatrick also was involved in the play that resulted in Bengals receiver Tee Higgins’ departure from Pittsburgh’s 23-20 overtime win with a concussion. (no penalty flag... hsh)

During the game, Chase gave Fitzpatrick a double bird, a gesture former Bengals receiver Chad Johnson - aka Ochocinco - said represents the rivalry.

Stealers defensive coordinator Teryl Austin, who was the Bengals’ defensive coordinator in 2018, said earlier this week that Fitzpatrick is “not a guy who plays dirty.”

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

https://www.fox19.com/2022/09/17/bengals-jamarr-chase-fined-more-than-23000-Stealers-minkah-fitzpatrick-not-fined/

CINCINNATI (ENQUIRER) - Bengals receiver Ja’Marr Chase received two fines totaling more than $23,000 for unsportsmanlike conduct this past week, according to a report via Twitter from NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.

Stealers safety Minkah Fitzpatrick, named AFC Defensive Player of the Week thanks in part to his pick-6 of Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow on Cincinnati’s first offensive series, was not fined for either of his hits to the heads of defenseless players that drew unnecessary-roughness penalties.

Fitzpatrick also was involved in the play that resulted in Bengals receiver Tee Higgins’ departure from Pittsburgh’s 23-20 overtime win with a concussion. (no penalty flag... hsh)

During the game, Chase gave Fitzpatrick a double bird, a gesture former Bengals receiver Chad Johnson - aka Ochocinco - said represents the rivalry.

Stealers defensive coordinator Teryl Austin, who was the Bengals’ defensive coordinator in 2018, said earlier this week that Fitzpatrick is “not a guy who plays dirty.”

No fine for Fitzpatrick-I call BS on that but not surprised.

As for the fine on Chase for flipping the bird, not that he needs one, but I bet that if you set up a Go Fund Me, it would get paid very quickly. He just publicly expressed what we (and the rest of the AFC North fans) all probably scream at our tvs when playing them. Worth every penny.

2 hours ago, Shebengal said:

No fine for Fitzpatrick-I call BS on that but not surprised.

Yeah IDK how to explain drawing two personal fouls for headshots yet not being fined for either...  Except for "ol' fashunt Stiller footbaww!!"

Imagine thinking you're a good football team because you don't have to follow the rules of the sport.   It's like "winning" the Tour de France on a Ducati motorcycle..  Except worse, because they just target the other team's best players.  So more like winning the Tour de France on a motorcycle while kicking people over the cliff as you pass them.  

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Watching the Clowns game, they still have a good Defense, but good lord the Jets suck. Lets win this week and we should win next week too.

Hubby and my son both have the Browns defense on their fantasy teams. They’re both like WTF 🤬??? 

Archived