The Good, Bad, and Ugly from Week 1

Random...

Crazy town crowd but still too many Shittsburgh fans.

Bengals games THE best place for seeing babe-o-licious babe-o-rama Babraham Lincolns in town.

Lines for the rest rooms so long there were women in the men's room BEFORE the game.  No kidding.

Tim McGee defended Mike Thomas by saying he did catch the two point conversion pass.

Dax Hill was on the field some but did not do much.  Played center field, saw him run to the line once and drop back.  Nonfactor, inauspicious debut.

Someone said that it was our fourth preseason game.  Looked that way, esp the first half.

I REALLY wanted to see some degree of uptempo, getting to the line and getting the play off quick, no huddle, even.

Yeah, inexperienced O line and first time with the whole offensive unit vs a real team but even at that... T.J. Wot and Minky had time to

read their copies of the Bengals offensive game plan.

Read that Zac threw the challenge flag too late or hesitated too long to throw it on Ja'Marvelous's uncalled touchdown.

Couldn't sleep last night but you couldn't either.

The Good:

Finally being able to endure an entire game in peace with the towel-wavers and--even with the helter-skelter ending--being able to walk out of the building without the compelling urge to kill one of them. Transformative. 

The Better:

Hooking up with Go, sprout, and Dan at halftime. Always too short, but also always a pleasure. Thank you, sir. 

The Best:

Sharing another Opening Day with my brother from a different mother, Amish. Always a joy. 

(Sox: missed seeing you guys, but it looked like you were having a blast)  

A day later and it's still hard to believe the Bengals lost ... 

What the score should have been ... 

-7 from Squeelers on the pick 6 

+2 for the uncalled safety 

+7 for Chases uncalled TD +1 for extra point 

+1 on extra point 

30-13 at a minimum ... But without the ints probably more like 37-10 which is about right. 

The Squeelers should feel like they won the lottery to somehow be gifted a win there. 

Unbelievable. 

44 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

The Squeelers should feel like they won the lottery to somehow be gifted a win there. 

Unbelievable. 

They're way too used to that to ever acknowledge it at this point.  In fact, they cry like a bitch when it doesn't happen.

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

A day later and it's still hard to believe the Bengals lost ... 

What the score should have been ... 

-7 from Squeelers on the pick 6 

+2 for the uncalled safety 

+7 for Chases uncalled TD +1 for extra point 

+1 on extra point 

30-13 at a minimum ... But without the ints probably more like 37-10 which is about right. 

Unbelievable. 

There was also the helmet-to-helmet concussion causing hit that put Tee out of the game.

I pray for no longer than that.

15 more yards on that drive and an ejection for the cheap shot Squeeler bitch.

I doubt if they win three more games all season.

Sunday Night November 20 with the White Tigers will be a "payback is a bitch game".

10 hours ago, saphead said:

Dave Thomas (founder of Wendys)   > Mike Thomas

I just happened to have this in my phone. He’s interred in a mausoleum not too far from me and my hubby and I were strolling through the cemetery where he is interred last week so we looked it up. 

We also looked up how much it costs to be interred there. His spot, which I guess is a primo spot, is $24,000.00 for 2 people.

948158AA-AE74-419D-8CB5-0A0700D3CE86.jpeg

Stealers don't have better talent than the Bengals but they have a better head coach. Zac did a terrible job of game management. He complained about not being able to see what happens on the goal line near the sideline. That's why coaches have a guy upstairs looking at replays! Jeez.

Adomitis looked good in preseason so I'm not worried about the kicking game next week. Shooter was on a roll but should be able to get back on it with the new snapper. Our roster construction at WR is dumb though. Three very good receivers backed up by 3 special teamers. How about a 4th receiver whose main job is catching the ball? Now that we're past week 1 and teams are adding veterans who won't have their contracts guaranteed, let's get a decent veteran receiver. Cole Beasley if nobody else.

5 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

If Jonah is going to rock this biker with Gucci bag look, he needs to harden the fuck up and pancake someone ... 

IMG_20220912_193925.jpg

Truly disappointed in his play yesterday..

Volson sucked but a rook against Hayward is tough.

Collins looked rusty as well..slow

Better things ahead hopefully..

17 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

This play is illustrative ... Each Bengal OL blocks their guy except Jonah, who let's him around the edge (the worst blindside angle for a QB)

Oh so he did get hands on him, I wasn't sure since he blew by so fast.  I guess he was giving him a nice pat on the back or something because there's no force behind it at all.  Doesn't redirect him in the slightest.  Yikes.

Archived