Heard (from) Jim Breech on the radio show with Tim McGee and that other guy.

Per Tim from Jim... the timing between the long snapper and holder and hit by the kicker

is "down to the nanosecond".  

Yeah, if Clark Harris is down for any length of time we will see Adomitis but it is still going to take 

some time in practice time to get down the timing.

I would be willing to bet the ranch and half the livestock that every team in the NFL is rehearsing an

emergency long snapper.

Extra point block (per Bengals media)... too slow getting to Huber and per Fibber McGee, someone missed

a block on, of course, Minky that allowed him to tip the ball.

At least one other got to Huber too slow for him to spin the laces.

Still crushed (aren't we all?).  I thought McFearsome would have nailed at least one of those puppies.

And there goes McFearsome's stats... nuts.  He's better than that.

21 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

…and per Fibber McGee, someone missed a block on, of course, Minky that allowed him to tip the ball.

It looked to me like Drew Sample had two players to block…and went with the OUTSIDE guy.  

[Of course, the lineman to Drew’s right might have screwed up.]

37 minutes ago, Cricket said:

It looked to me like Drew Sample had two players to block…and went with the OUTSIDE guy.  

[Of course, the lineman to Drew’s right might have screwed up.]

Watched the replay in slow-mo. The outside guy was the one Drew had to take--he had the angle. Adeniji appeared to be the "lineman to the right" He was submarining the guys across from him, and the natural opening for Fitzpatrick was a highway. Of course, it was a 5-man rush from that side, and Fitz was visible easily to Drew. Not sure either choice to block would have been wrong. Without a clip from the inside, he was going to be home free.  

12 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Watched the replay in slow-mo. The outside guy was the one Drew had to take--he had the angle. Adeniji appeared to be the "lineman to the right" He was submarining the guys across from him, and the natural opening for Fitzpatrick was a highway. Of course, it was a 5-man rush from that side, and Fitz was visible easily to Drew. Not sure either choice to block would have been wrong. Without a clip from the inside, he was going to be home free.  

Sounds like the Squealers prescouted the Bengals and got them napping.  Another minus for the coaching staff.

What happened to Clark yesterday makes you appreciate how much work it must take to keep that snap a well oiled automatic machine. Some might say it's just a kicker, it's just a punter/holder, it's just a long snapper, they're not even part of the team, but remove one of those pieces and it's a loss.

6 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

He’s heading to IR. 

Adonis, or whatever his name is, was signed from the PS

I'm thinking retirement.

I also think a pat on the back to the Bengals scouting etc crew for having the

intelligence and foresight to sign the guy and keep him on the practice squad

for next year and/or just in case for this year.

Just in case just happened.

If I remember correctly, then again maybe I don’t and somebody can correct me but, didn’t the refs make them stand at the LOS until they figured out that there was still two seconds left on the clock after the TD?  It was rather a long time to stand in those blocking positions and made Wilcox think more of how he was going hike the ball.  I think that played a factor in the block too.  They should’ve huddled until that was resolved.  

8 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Sounds like the Squealers prescouted the Bengals and got them napping.  Another minus for the coaching staff.

On an extra point, the defense will always have numbers. 11 guys rushing to block the kick with nine (or really just eight) providing protection. The long snapper takes up some space but usually isn't counted on to block much. The main principle is to block from the middle to outside. Sample was more at fault on the blocked kick than Wilcox was. You can't give a DB an inside rush to the kick. But the announcers harped on Wilcox instead of Sample. 

Archived