1 hour ago, TigerJ@w said:

If I remember correctly, then again maybe I don’t and somebody can correct me but, didn’t the refs make them stand at the LOS until they figured out that there was still two seconds left on the clock after the TD?  It was rather a long time to stand in those blocking positions and made Wilcox think more of how he was going hike the ball.  I think that played a factor in the block too.  They should’ve huddled until that was resolved.  

My viewpoint in the stadium was basically ground-level looking directly down the goal line. The snap was fine from what I could see. placement was fielded well, and put down well. 

The rush came from the opposite side, so can’t make judgment on blocking. Fitz did come from basically nowhere. 

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

I'm sure some but I'm guessing more pride than about that

Pride or no pride, no player is walking away from that kind of money and the healthcare and training staff to retire.  Even if he never played another snap he wouldn’t retire in the middle of the season. 

10 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Pride or no pride, no player is walking away from that kind of money and the healthcare and training staff to retire.  Even if he never played another snap he wouldn’t retire in the middle of the season. 

I know it wasn't a thing in the past but IIRC they do get benefits after they retire that the union worked out for them

edit:

in fact.....

https://awmcap.com/blog/nfl-retirement-plan

35 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I know it wasn't a thing in the past but IIRC they do get benefits after they retire that the union worked out for them

edit:

in fact.....

https://awmcap.com/blog/nfl-retirement-plan

Healthcare benefits aren’t the same as having the medical and training staff of a NFL team.  When is the last time you have ever heard of a player retiring mid season with an acute injury?

6 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Healthcare benefits aren’t the same as having the medical and training staff of a NFL team.  When is the last time you have ever heard of a player retiring mid season with an acute injury?

You literally said healhcare in your post 👀

Dude it's cool if you didnt realize that they do get retirement benefits, that's not something i'd expect everyone to know.

I thought you and I were past the point of disagreeing just do disagree 

5 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

You literally said healhcare in your post 👀

Dude it's cool if you didnt realize that they do get retirement benefits, that's not something i'd expect everyone to know.

I thought you and I were past the point of disagreeing just do disagree 

Sorry I didn’t make myself clear in the previous post.  I understood generic healthcare was available, but consider the difference rehabbing an injury.  You can go through the rehab process with every other joe scheduling your rehab every week or so, or walk into the Bengals training room any time you want?  It’s not remotely the same.  That and the vast majority of $1.2M. 

My original point is it’s about the money, and the high quality care they get as a NFL player. 

On the other hand you are probably right that this isn’t worth arguing over, but it takes two to tango.

Archived