Cowboys week

I'm moving on from that mess yesterday.

Dak Prescott is out this game after hurting his hand.

I know we have historically struggled against unknown backup qbs as recently as last years Jet's game, but I am not worried about the defense. I think they will be fine.

O-line I hope plays better than this week, but well see.

So long as the Oline holds up

Also I think Zack and Joe need to realize we aren't getting the deep pass for free anymore and start working on game plans that allow for short slants and other types of routes that force the safeties to come down and then that allows the deep pass. It seemed to me that Joe wanted to win the game on the big play rather than taking what the D gave him.

I said elsewhere but I would really like to see the offense pick up the tempo.

Drove me nuts taking forever to get the plays off.

True, still a period of adjustment for the O line.  They gave one away yesterday,

not time to wake up and play big boy ball.

Joe's downfield opportunities will come and making the D think about the short, mid and crossing patterns will open that up more.

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Also I think Zack and Joe need to realize we aren't getting the deep pass for free anymore and start working on game plans that allow for short slants and other types of routes that force the safeties to come down and then that allows the deep pass. It seemed to me that Joe wanted to win the game on the big play rather than taking what the D gave him.

Definitely needs to learn when to check it down.

4 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I know we run a organization where coaches do alot to help with the draft, but im wondering how much of that takes away from giving the coaches time to start putting in new playbooks? We can't rely on last year's playbook entirely there needs to be a whole set of options for when teams play 2 high

15 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I know we run a organization where coaches do alot to help with the draft, but im wondering how much of that takes away from giving the coaches time to start putting in new playbooks? We can't rely on last year's playbook entirely there needs to be a whole set of options for when teams play 2 high

Definitely think it leads to drafting too many workout wonder "projects".  Coaches love to think they'll be the genius to unlock all that potential.  Instead we get John Ross, Margus Hunt, or drop a 2nd round pick on Drew Sample.  Then the coaches refuse to give up on them because they're the ones who drafted the guy in the first place.   (I wouldn't call Sample a bust but I wouldn't call him a 2nd round talent either)

It's one of those things where every other team does it differently & probably for a good reason.

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

That kind of offense relies on the QB to make decisions and takes control away from the head coach.  Boy Blunder doesn't do that unless he's forced.  He's still not ready for the job.

Unless the Dallas brain trust does something right now to address the QB situation this team will know the season is over.  No way Cooper Rush is the answer.  Rush has thrown 63 passes in 5 years.  

They blew it not keeping Dalton as the backup to be honest.   Maybe keep you at .500.  Dalton was 4-4 last year with Chicago, a team that only won 6 games.  

4 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

lol, cmon man you cannot be serious.

image.png

looks pretty balanced to me.

4 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Drove me nuts taking forever to get the plays off.

True, still a period of adjustment for the O line.  They gave one away yesterday,

not time to wake up and play big boy ball.

Joe's downfield opportunities will come and making the D think about the short, mid and crossing patterns will open that up more.

they went uptempo on a few occasions

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

RBs had 10 of the 33 completions. give me a break.

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

even during full staff changes full playbooks arent changed from one season to the next. they talk about the playbook, its progress and the method of creating it in each of the last 3 offseasons about joe and zac and Brian.

now the playbook is bad because joe played like a rusty shithole for 60% of his first game?

yall need to take a deep breath.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Definitely think it leads to drafting too many workout wonder "projects".  Coaches love to think they'll be the genius to unlock all that potential.  Instead we get John Ross, Margus Hunt, or drop a 2nd round pick on Drew Sample.  Then the coaches refuse to give up on them because they're the ones who drafted the guy in the first place.   (I wouldn't call Sample a bust but I wouldn't call him a 2nd round talent either)

It's one of those things where every other team does it differently & probably for a good reason.

give me a fucking break.

it really cant be that NO ONE here has ever seen draft picks stats in their entire lives? draft pick success is a shit show, i posted the LITERAL statistics of first and second round oline picks a few months ago, that showed 30% success rate. and someone LITERALLY responded "the rest of the league doesnt have a 30% success rate" yes they fucking do.

and the entire first and second rounds arent much better.

here is data on all rounds....

image.png

no no no youre all right, cause carman sucked and john ross was trash the bengals coaches are taking on projects, as if the NCAA teams put out piles of nfl stars and team just draft other guys.

the team grabbed a great blocking TE for a team that was gonna have a shitty line... what a terrible idea.. 

this place is bonkers today.

Amish, myself, and a large group of Bengal fans made the trip to JerryWorld in 2016. Everyone should go to this place at least once…what an amazing structure. 

Every creature comfort known to man is there. Not a bad seat in the house. Here is the view from where we were. 
image.thumb.jpeg.66f5b5d9d18717bd00853eb013266d5f.jpeg

Cowboy fans—the real ones, not the TV variety—were very gracious, and very knowledgeable. There are a lot of pro sports in the MetroPlex, but THE team for everyone are these guys. 

It’s a tough building to play in. Never take that intangible out of the equation. 

NFL FPI has been updated after Week 1 and to reflect current injury statuses. Most notably: the Cowboys currently rank as the worst team in the NFL. Because
1. FPI represents *current* team strength (Continued)
2. Dallas now has the worst current starting QB in the league, in model's opinion
3. Dallas has a slightly below average non-QB roster, in the model's opinion
4. The Cowboys played poorly in Week 1

IMHO... Part of the reason for Sunday's cluster bump was overconfidence.  Esp (sorry...) Joverconfident.   At least in the first half which looked like what it was, their fourth preseason game when the entire starting O played together for the first time vs real players and butt ugly cheap shot ass clowns at that.
Basically, they had as much to do with losing the game, beating themselves, as the Squeels and Refs.
They were and still are well capable of beating the Squeels and a team always has to overcome the Ref's screw ups.
So is Dallas a "Trap Game" of sorts?  
No, not if they go in and play Ja'Marr Ball.

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Going to black out the Cowboys from scoring too

Yes..

I don't see Zeke bustin out.

I dont think their oline will stop our rush.

Course Cowboy fans may say the same about Mixon and our oline

The Cowboys know who they're

facing in Burrow.

They know what storm. Is coming to Dallas..

7 hours ago, GoBengals said:

maybe start out without him and play him if needed.

I would guess he would simply play if he passes protocol.  He really is a matchup nightmare for teams considering they also have to deal with Chase.

He really looked shaken up on that play so I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t get cleared. 

Just to mention it again, the Cowboys signed Jason Peters about 10 days ago and put him on the practice squad so he had time to get acclimated and into full playing shape.  He immediately is a better LT than Jonah Williams right now, so the Cowboys will get a huge boost to their O-Line on Sunday.  Cooper Rush will have a much easier time this Sunday than he did coming in mid-game against a Defense that was having their way with the Cowboys' O-Line.  

We won't shut out the Cowboys as much as we did the Stealers' (only gave up 1 TD after a fluke PI call, while constantly having poor Defensive Field position the entire game).  We should still hold them to just 1 TD and a two or three FG's.

2 minutes ago, Kingspoint said:

Just to mention it again, the Cowboys signed Jason Peters about 10 days ago and put him on the practice squad so he had time to get acclimated and into full playing shape.  He immediately is a better LT than Jonah Williams right now, so the Cowboys will get a huge boost to their O-Line on Sunday.  Cooper Rush will have a much easier time this Sunday than he did coming in mid-game against a Defense that was having their way with the Cowboys' O-Line.  

We won't shut out the Cowboys as much as we did the Stealers' (only gave up 1 TD after a fluke PI call, while constantly having poor Defensive Field position the entire game).  We should still hold them to just 1 TD and a two or three FG's.

Right now I would say Jonah is... disappointing.

Guys were just running around him.

Still would rather see Volson than Carman and the new guy, maybe get a look at new guy Scharping

now that he is more up to speed.

Archived