Cowboys week

10 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Damn it's not even game 2 and I'm already sick of hearing from Collins.  Go out there and pancake somebody & I might give a shit.  Like I said before, this ain't Dallas - he's here to play football not post on TikTok.  STFU and do work.

I was thinking last week now we see why they got rid of him.

Shut up and be the bodyguard you promised.

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Or…maybe turn to his left and ask Volson 

Volson's a 4th round pick that beat out a sack of potatoes, I have no expectations other than hopefully not being too much of a liability.

Collins on the other hand..  I'm not writing him off after one game but he sure seems to be generating a lot of media content for not having done anything yet.   I get it, former team; great.  Just hope his play on the field catches up with the hype at some point soon.

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Volson's a 4th round pick that beat out a sack of potatoes, I have no expectations other than hopefully not being too much of a liability.

Collins on the other hand..  I'm not writing him off after one game but he sure seems to be generating a lot of media content for not having done anything yet.   I get it, former team; great.  Just hope his play on the field catches up with the hype at some point soon.

I have not the slightest doubt the Bengals will win Sunday. The how’s and the why’s are the only variables. 

On 9/16/2022 at 4:04 AM, UncleEarl said:

50+ sacks a year is a recipe for early retirement ala Andrew Luck.

Boooooo!!!!!   BOOOOOO!!!!!!!

(Oh... sorry.  I live in Indiana and it's difficult to not instinctively do that when I hear the words "Andrew" "Luck" and "retirement" in the same sentence - that's what all the natives did)

On December 10, 1989, Seattle Seahawk WR Steve Largent caught the 100th (and final) Touchdown pass or his career, making him the first human to ever reach that plateau. It happened at Riverfront Stadium in Cincinnati, in the back of the south end zone.

I saw it. I was there.

Bengal fans gave Largent a huge standing ovation, in spite of us losing that game.

Whether you agree with Luck's decision, or the manner he reached it, or even the timing.... Colt fans booing him as he walked off his own field for the final time was a classless act.

40 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

& the Colts have been a nonfactor ever since, haven't they? TBH I kind of forget there's an NFL team in Indiana.

Tend to agree about the Colts.

Indy has been relevent to me because Ive been a die hard Pacer fan for years.

And the Pacers are one of those irrelevant teams in the NBA..

6 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Bengals Wire: "La'el Collins looking forward to rematch with Micah Parsons"

Micah Parsons is looking forward to it even more...

Or not...

Jonah Williams vs. Micah Parsons 

Simply put, the Cowboys have the advantage here. Parsons is already one of the best edge rushers in the entire league. That’s not just because of the insane Week 1 he had last Sunday. He proved worthy during his first year in the league last season on his way to winning Defensive Rookie of the Year honors. Parsons is a plain beast, no matter if he’s blitzing as a linebacker or an edge.

The intrigue involves how well Williams can bounce back from last week. Alex Highsmith gave him the business for most of last Sunday as the Stealers’ edge finished with three sacks and six total pressures. Williams has shown to be an imperfect left tackle now with two years of playing experience behind him, but he’s certainly capable of protecting the quarterback better. Limiting Parsons to a mild performance would be a win for Cincinnati.

Can't blame it all on Volson.  Hope Pollock gets some help over there or we're screwed.

Jonah can't handle outside rushers very well.

6 hours ago, T-Dub said:

& the Colts have been a nonfactor ever since, haven't they? TBH I kind of forget there's an NFL team in Indiana.

They still play in a division with only one bona fide team to challenge them for a first place finish and a playoff spot and an inflated record with 3-4 guaranteed wins per season.  Flip a coin - heads Tennessee wins the South and gets a better seed than they deserve due to a soft schedule, tails Indy does the same.

22 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

They still play in a division with only one bona fide team to challenge them for a first place finish and a playoff spot and an inflated record with 3-4 guaranteed wins per season.  Flip a coin - heads Tennessee wins the South and gets a better seed than they deserve due to a soft schedule, tails Indy does the same.

Ita a bland division.

Archived