GAMEDAY 2: COWBOYS (9/18/22)

6 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

The offensive line coach doesn’t make the in-game calls…they advise the OC what they see and it goes from there. 

Wonder what Pollack is seeing to relay upstairs..

Goes like this 

OC what ya seeing Frank?

Pollack..."You dont want to know!"..

17 minutes ago, BengalBacker said:

we were like one play away from winning both games

The positive is this team seems to correct things at halftime and Burrow still has his 4th quarter magic to come back in the clutch.  

Now if we just didn't have to play quarters 1, 2, and 3. 

The Bengals come out against opponents perceived to be easier, like a Michigan team playing Middle Tennessee State for homecoming.

They just expect their superior talent to be enough. Then after it isn't for the first half, they start to take the game seriously and come back. 

7 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

I'm not sure. Even last year they would lose to the Jets and Bears, but then rise up and beat the Chiefs twice. They seem to match the competition level - either up or down. 

That’s a good point but they should be beating these teams no doubt.  Where the heck has trey Hendrickson been btw?

9 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

As strange as it sounds, it may be a disadvantage for them to be playing easy teams. They don't come in prepared or can't get up enough for the game. Or something ... 

"Or something"...

To me that something is pitiful oline play both games..

No fire there..none.

Question..

How many Bengal linemen  

,under Pollack,  have shown great improvement?

Hell,  how many have shown any?

1 minute ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

Where the heck has trey Hendrickson been btw?

He was another guy that was missing during OTAs and just kind of doing his own thing in the off-season. 

Hopefully it isn't going to take several weeks to get all the Bengals players ready for the season. I'll take 2-2 ... But don't think they can dig out of 0-4. 

1 minute ago, TigerJ@w said:

So the OL was better last year? Sad and Pathetic! 

Riley played decently for a string of games.

Spain came out of the blocks like a pro bowler but faded.

At this early point they are worse..

Horrid really..

The hope is Volson improves and Collins starts to gear up..

11 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Seriously as one said Pollack is a respected oline coach.

Is he a better coaching the run or pass?

Does he have assts that target those areas.

I always wonder where this narrative comes from. Who said he’s “respected”, Hobson?

his resume says differently. He took over for Bill Callahan in Dallas and the offensive line got progressively worse until he was fired.

Then he comes to the Bengals under Bill Lazor. They draft Billy Price. Bengals have success running the ball, but still are horrible in pass protection.

Marvin is fired. Pollack goes to the Jets under Gase. He drafts Mekhi Becton. Gase’s Jets tenure is a dumpster fire and the entire staff gets canned after two seasons. 

Pollack comes back to the Bengals. Gets promoted to “Run Game Coordinator”. He drafts Jackson Carman. Bengals offense line becomes national laughing stock on their way to the Super Bowl. Over the 1+ years as run game coordinator, he presides over a unit that has been bottom five in the NFL in run success rate. 

what am I missing other than parroting narratives from lazy journalists?

Archived