GAMEDAY 2: COWBOYS (9/18/22)

3 minutes ago, Madieu Superstar said:

I should also mention that the Bengals interviewed Hank Fraley to be their offensive Line coach for the 2021 season. Fraley is currently thriving as the Lions OL coach. They just scored 30+ points with 3 backup OL.

Bengals made the wrong choice. 

…because they drafted Sewell?  

🥷

As much as we want to blame the OL for all of the sacks (with good reason when you don't block Micah Parsons), I can't help but think that some of those sacks are on Burrow. God bless him, he's always trying to make something happen and I admire that, but he needs to learn to throw the ball away. Also, how many times do we see him sitting on the bench with a blank look on his face instead of looking at pictures or reviewing what the defense is doing?

I don’t blame Burrow.  We can see how fast they are getting to him.  We can see how they can’t run the ball.  Let’s also not pretend that Parsons and Watt were the only players getting pressure.  It’s been a disaster up there so far. 

I am not totally blaming Pollack either.  This was a problem before he got here.  On the other hand he’s done zero to make it better.  Something has to give and soon.  All day Romo was saying “it will get better.”  It had better and fast!  These guys are a National joke. 

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I dunno, even on a lot of plays with no sacks there was a lot of pressure. How many times did he have to run? 

The entire O just stinks right now. 

Again I ask.

What players have gotten better under

Pollack's coaching?

Not seeing any..

Huge concern going forward.

17 minutes ago, Montana Bengal said:

This is how you ruin a QB, when he is in his head and "spread up" he constantly thinks he has to do more than he does and when he thinks that all the time he will not find guys or will make bad throws. If this doesnt get fixed and soon Joe may not be in a place mentally where he can play the game.

Another issue, the Bengals have played QBs with no tape of them playing for those teams to prepare with. Call it The Mike White Effect

The Squeelers and Cowboys had all of last year's tape to study on Burrow for tendencies. 

But the Bengals had no tape on Mitch playing for Shittsburgh and only one game ever with Rush. 

Since NFL defense is so based on scheme, this could also explain why they came out looking unprepared defensively and gave up early scores in both games. And then why they get better in the second half, once they know what they are dealing with.

Unfortunately, Flacco with the Jets is also a new commodity with only 2 games of tape. 😬

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

Another issue, the Bengals have played QBs with no tape of them playing for those teams to prepare with. Call it The Mike White Effect

The Squeelers and Cowboys had all of last year's tape to study on Burrow for tendencies. 

But the Bengals had no tape on Mitch playing for Shittsburgh and only one game ever with Rush. 

Since NFL defense is so based on scheme, this could also explain why they came out looking unprepared defensively and gave up early scores in both games. And then why they get better in the second half, once they know what they are dealing with.

Unfortunately, Flacco with the Jets is also a new commodity with only 2 games of tape. 😬

Eh.. We're talking about very average QB's on very average teams.  Lack of game tape was not the difference maker in either loss.

Haven't seen this mentioned but interesting article...

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2022/9/18/23360138/zac-taylor-headsets-cowboys-punt-scoreboard-bengals-news

Zac Taylor says headsets went out on Bengals’ final offensive play; punt hitting scoreboard was ‘big play in the game’

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

Haven't seen this mentioned but interesting article...

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2022/9/18/23360138/zac-taylor-headsets-cowboys-punt-scoreboard-bengals-news

Zac Taylor says headsets went out on Bengals’ final offensive play; punt hitting scoreboard was ‘big play in the game’

In general I’m not a conspiracy theory guy.  For example, I don’t think the referees are biased by NFL home office.  They just blow it constantly.  

BUT…The idea that Jerry Jones has a way to interrupt communications for the visiting team at an opportune time doesn’t surprise me.  

14 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

In general I’m not a conspiracy theory guy.  For example, I don’t think the referees are biased by NFL home office.  They just blow it constantly.  

BUT…The idea that Jerry Jones has a way to interrupt communications for the visiting team at an opportune time doesn’t surprise me.  

I can't believe they're all stupid and half-blind but also too pure of heart to ever shave a couple points for somebody.

Only question for me is if the league is that somebody.. but I'm sure it happens sometimes for whatever reason.

6 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I can't believe they're all stupid and half-blind but also too pure of heart to ever shave a couple points for somebody.

Only question for me is if the league is that somebody.. but I'm sure it happens sometimes for whatever reason.

I don’t think Goodell is dumb enough to risk the shield and the golden goose that it is to cheat.   

On the other hand I do think the arrogant assholes that have hit the lottery and have enough cash to own a NFL team would try to cheat if given the opportunity.  Jerry Jones being exhibit A. 

8 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I don’t think Goodell is dumb enough to risk the shield and the golden goose that it is to cheat.   

On the other hand I do think the arrogant assholes that have hit the lottery and have enough cash to own a NFL team would try to cheat if given the opportunity.  Jerry Jones being exhibit A. 

The headset stuff can happen to visiting teams anywhere.  As for the low scoreboard UFO I think JJ don't give a shit so long as everyone can see it.  The refs don't either.  

It's uphill both ways for this franchise, that's nothing new.  If they thought a SB loss changed everything..  Well, that'd explain a lot actually.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

The league has created a Frankenstein monster by regulating itself out of legitimacy through endless/ interminable rules favoring offenses. The dynamic resulting from any human being being able to minimally— let alone fairly—officiate, is literally impossible. 

There never again can be anything remotely close to “let them play”. In days gone by, there could be extended lengths of games where one would see this. Now, you hold your breath for mere quarters before the shenanigans begin. 

This is all on Roger and his avaricious legion of owners—every last morsel. 

Archived