Is Frank Pollack the problem?

It almost has to be at least partly schematic.

Opposing D coordinators have figured out the Bengals offense and the Bengals aren't able to adjust until later in the game once Zac and them see what the other D is doing. 

Opposing defenses also know the Bengals can't run the ball at all. So they all rush every down with their ears peeled back. 

Throwing a screen every now and then would help, but that play apparently isn't in Zac's arsenal. 

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Once again: Cappa was nursing an owie for most of TC, and Collins had a bad back. 

You weren’t going to get the full line in at once in preseason games anyway. 

You will believe anything then on what he says, right.  If that is the case, um, then why did they sign them?  Did they not know of their injuries with a physical evaluation?  Did they ignore this?  Their injuries were known prior to TC.  I don’t believe what they say most of the time myself.  To each his and her own. 

8 hours ago, TigerJ@w said:

You will believe anything then on what he says, right.  If that is the case, um, then why did they sign them?  Did they not know of their injuries with a physical evaluation?  Did they ignore this?  Their injuries were known prior to TC.  I don’t believe what they say most of the time myself.  To each his and her own. 

Don’t shoot the messenger. I learned a long time ago not to buy every NFL media report.

These guys were good pickups, not super-duper-out-of-this-world pickups. Whether they were dinged items on purchase, who knows? Not many veteran NFL linemen aren’t beat down to some extent after a few seasons I would reckon. Basically: no one is going to find a pristine product. But, in any event, they were cleared to play towards the end of camp, and here they are. 

Something is wrong with the Bengals OL and their choices of personnel and coaches.  Of all the draft choices the Bengals have made at OL over the past TEN drafts have produced one serviceable lineman.  Jonah Williams, who would likely be a backup on most teams.  This is beyond bad luck.  Ten fucking years?  Either the player personnel guys are f’n morons or the coaches are terrible or some combination of the two. 

Dallas started a rookie at LT and a backup at RT and had little problem. The other teams backups play better than the Bengals starters.  How?  Can’t be all personnel.  Something is wrong with the coaching and player evaluation for the OL. 

31 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Something is wrong with the Bengals OL and their choices of personnel and coaches.  Of all the draft choices the Bengals have made at OL over the past TEN drafts have produced one serviceable lineman.  Jonah Williams, who would likely be a backup on most teams.  This is beyond bad luck.  Ten fucking years?  Either the player personnel guys are f’n morons or the coaches are terrible or some combination of the two. 

Dallas started a rookie at LT and a backup at RT and had little problem. The other teams backups play better than the Bengals starters.  How?  Can’t be all personnel.  Something is wrong with the coaching and player evaluation for the OL. 

1000% agree

40 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

In baseball, you pull an ineffective pitcher on a bad day, and go with middle relief you (hope) can get you through until (maybe) the bats catch up. 

I was actually thinking that putting Adeniji in at LT wasn’t out of the question—since it was his natural position and he played fairly well in preseason. 

But “line cohesion” or something..

The glass eaters have looked like grass eaters, a bovine heard aimlessly mo(oo?)ving around on the field not doing much of

anything waiting to be milked or slaughtered.

If someone had been playing a drinking game where they took a shot every time someone said "communication" they would

have spent the night in the ER with alcohol poisoning.

Someone should set up a Go Fund Me page for La'eel Collins to have his Bengals tattoo removed.  He sure has not earned his stripes.

NFL Films sent him a check for the work he did on Micah Parson's highlight reel.

Yeah... thank you, thank you very much.  God Bless, drive safe and don't forget to tip your waitresses...  I'm through.  For now.  But I do feel better.

So I guess the question now is can the team stop the bleeding on this amputation and get something coherent and serviceable for the rest of the season?

Can or will someone step up and be a leader of the offensive line like a Max Montoya?  Are they too new playing together to have someone to look up to?

Perhaps part of the problem.

After all that... I honestly still have hope.  Pick up the tempo, roll Joe out more... etc.

15 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

In baseball, you pull an ineffective pitcher on a bad day, and go with middle relief you (hope) can get you through until (maybe) the bats catch up. 

I was actually thinking that putting Adeniji in at LT wasn’t out of the question—since it was his natural position and he played fairly well in preseason. 

But “line cohesion” or something..

Adeniji was inactive which does not bode well for him.

2 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Ever since Pollack left Dallas, he has had minimal success.

The Jets released him after two years, and his last year with the Jets, their record was 2-14.

The leading rusher was Frank Gore with 700 yards.

I'm really starting to think that its a scheme, or terminology problem.

Or possibly his methods no longer work with today's NFL

No way all 5 linemen can be the issue.

Something is amiss here and The Bengals need to find out in hurry what it is.

Archived