J-E-T-S Week

5 hours ago, CincyInDC said:

TBH I think Hilton's cheerleading is more valuable. When an offensive play goes to the sideline he is almost always there losing his mind cheering on the O.

Hilton is more than cheerleading.  He makes plays. Other than getting suckered into an offsides call late he was excellent Sunday.  Reader, Hilton, and Hubbard are the guys you can count on to bring it every week. 

Torment Giantsbane C.J. Yourmama

Speaking of tight ends, waiting to hear that Drew Sample is out for awhile and maybe we will see

the late pick up, Devin Asiaw who I know nothing about.

Or some other player on the line as a quasi blocking tight end besides D'Something Smith who can't even line

up without drawing a penalty.

Speaking of O linemen, maybe we will see late pick up, Max Scharping.

Just read an article that used the phrase "Apple returned to form".  I've been waiting for that one.

Speaking of D backs, isn't it about time for Cam Taylor-Britt to come of IR?  Too soon?

I'm still not pushing the panic button and have a lot of faith in this team.

The mistakes of the first two games, preseason games 4 and 5, are fixable and they are gaining experience

and "knocking off rust" as they go.

Would have won the first game if long snapper had not gone down.

Second game very winnable after Bengals trademark slow start, also fixable.

Benny and the Jets a winnable early must win game and we could be in a lot deeper shit in this woeful division.

16 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Torment Giantsbane C.J. Yourmama

Speaking of tight ends, waiting to hear that Drew Sample is out for awhile and maybe we will see

the late pick up, Devin Asiaw who I know nothing about.

Or some other player on the line as a quasi blocking tight end besides D'Something Smith who can't even line

up without drawing a penalty.

Speaking of O linemen, maybe we will see late pick up, Max Scharping.

Just read an article that used the phrase "Apple returned to form".  I've been waiting for that one.

Speaking of D backs, isn't it about time for Cam Taylor-Britt to come of IR?  Too soon?

I'm still not pushing the panic button and have a lot of faith in this team.

The mistakes of the first two games, preseason games 4 and 5, are fixable and they are gaining experience

and "knocking off rust" as they go.

Would have won the first game if long snapper had not gone down.

Second game very winnable after Bengals trademark slow start, also fixable.

Benny and the Jets a winnable early must win game and we could be in a lot deeper shit in this woeful division.

I believe the return from IR cannot happen before Game 4.

14 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Hilton is more than cheerleading.  He makes plays. Other than getting suckered into an offsides call late he was excellent Sunday.  Reader, Hilton, and Hubbard are the guys you can count on to bring it every week. 

And Bell...allways around the ball..

Joe Burrow: We’ve just got to stop beating ourselves

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/09/21/joe-burrow-weve-just-got-to-stop-beating-ourselves/

The Bengals have started the season 0-2, with quarterback Joe Burrow taking a whopping 13 sacks in the first two games.

But the young quarterback said on Wednesday that the sky isn’t falling.

“We’ve just got to stop beating ourselves,” Burrow said in his press conference. “The first game, first drive, pick-six. Next drive, fumble — give them 10 points off the bat and now we’re playing from behind. Defenses can pin their ears back, play third-down defense, don’t have to get up and challenge us. Same thing next game, we get down 14-3 early, starting in first-and-15s for the first three drives. And now they can play third-down defense, they can mix up the looks. They’re not afraid of the run game because they’re winning by 11 points.

“We’ve just got to quit beating ourselves, start faster, and then we’ll get more chances.”

But the team certainly has to address its pass protection, especially considering the investments the Bengals made in their offensive line over the offseason. Burrow said he’s “very comfortable” with the offensive line and can help out the unit by getting rid of the ball faster.

“Those guys are working hard to get right,” Burrow said. “I can do a lot more to help them, too. And we can do more with play-calling to help them as well. So, we’re getting this thing right. Nobody’s panicking.”

As Burrow later noted, the offensive unit has to be in sync as a whole.

“You can go and win on every route, but if you don’t have the protection, it doesn’t matter,” Burrow said. “And you can protect for as long as you want, but if you don’t go win, it doesn’t matter. It all works together.”

Burrow was close to going Full Aaron Rodgers when reiterating that while the team has a sense of urgency after starting 0-2, there’s no reason to go overboard.

“Myself, everyone is frustrated,” Burrow said. “But like I said, we’re not panicking. Two games in — we’ve got 15 games left. Let’s all just take a deep breath and relax. We’re going to be fine. We’re not worried about it.”

They’ll have a chance to start getting things right against the Jets on Sunday.

On 9/19/2022 at 4:12 PM, Le Tigre said:

Seen the movie before, Boss. You should have seen the hand-wringing in 1989. 

barely anyone involved in that team and league is even alive today, the bengals will eventually suck again, but we were 3 wild mishaps away from being 1-1 right now (chase td, XP and FG snaps) and less flooky but any given football play, Bates dropped INT, Cheeto almost INT, someone coving the guy on 4th and 2, etc.. just 1 single play away from being 2-0 as well. the team has played bad enough to lose, but also played good enough to win. two jeckyl and hyde games, ready to get some Ws on the board and get rolling.

my panic point is 0-4

3 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

barely anyone involved in that team and league is even alive today, the bengals will eventually suck again, but we were 3 wild mishaps away from being 1-1 right now (chase td, XP and FG snaps) and less flooky but any given football play, Bates dropped INT, Cheeto almost INT, someone coving the guy on 4th and 2, etc.. just 1 single play away from being 2-0 as well. the team has played bad enough to lose, but also played good enough to win. two jeckyl and hyde games, ready to get some Ws on the board and get rolling.

my panic point is 0-4

I only bring up 1989, because it too was a pre-season "Super Bowl or Bust" mindset. Coming off the incredible rocket ride of 1988, the thought process was "can't miss". However, it started out bad, got a little better, then descended into a Christmas Night "have to win to make playoffs" game in Minnesota (which they didn't win). They finished 8-8 and missed the playoffs. 

Whether anyone around then is around now, isn't the point: fans are the same today as they were then. The media almost as bad. When I say "hand-wringing", it is a timeless expression. 

8 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Or is it?

Addeniji cant be worse...can he?

Do you remember last year?  Rum-dum DL were going to the bench laughing about Adeniji.  And to think....Carman isn't even that good!

How badly is Prince injured?  Can he return week 4?

Archived