Ring of Honor Legends Storytelling Event

42 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

I got a chance to talk briefly with Kenny A.  He said he liked my jacket and shook my hand.  I'll never wash that hand again, lol.

Here's me with Kris, daughter of my dear friend Doug (RIP) and whom LT knows well.

20220928_194425.jpg

You looked dapper young man..

53 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

I got a chance to talk briefly with Kenny A.  He said he liked my jacket and shook my hand.  I'll never wash that hand again, lol.

Here's me with Kris, daughter of my dear friend Doug (RIP) and whom LT knows well.

20220928_194425.jpg

Great shot, sir. The bow tie fits! 

And our Kris is certainly beautiful. 

3 hours ago, BengalBuck said:

She never shied away from anything though. Thick skin and a great sense of humor.

A player's (or coach's :whistle:) family wading into a fan board of degenerates could go one of two ways.  We've seen both outcomes on here but she held her own.

12 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

We've taken over the entire East banquet hall.  There are 400-500 guests, Ben-Gals, and about two dozen legends here tonight.

Lapham, Kenny A, Ickey, Louis Breeden, Jim Breech, I think I saw Tim Krumrie.  Dudes that played in Super Bowl XVI, the entire O-Line that played alongside Willie... it's glorious.

20220928_184307.jpg

20220928_193637.jpg

20220928_202637.jpg

2nd from the left of Wilie, blue shirt, blue shoes. Is that TKO?

Here's the media take on last night's festivities.

https://www.bengals.com/news/issac-curtis-willie-anderson-honored-by-teammates-for-ring-of-honor

To be honest, not everyone spoke, and not everyone who spoke introduced themselves.  Since they weren't wearing jerseys, since I was used to seeing them with helmets on, and since it's been nearly 20-30 years for most of them since they played, I couldn't tell you for certain who everyone was.  That plus having our seats being obstructed and only being able to reliably see whomever the camera was on - which was generally the person speaking - combined to make identifying everyone tough.  Hopefully between my pair of group photos and the attached article y'all can ID everyone more accurately than I could.  :shrug:

23 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Well, over 60,000 of us will be there to see it in person.  Are you local to Cincinnati?  :)

I know this question wasn't directed at me but being a Bengals fan in Bills country...I would have liked to have been able to see the ceremony on tv too 😕

Here's hoping the Bengals social media team crushes it per usual and makes it available on the various platforms afterwards.

1 hour ago, Cat said:

I wish they would show the induction on TV - instead the 'experts' will be talking about the first half.

They don't care...because nobody outside of Cincinnati (and far-off fans) care. Historic moments for small-size/non-huge revenue producing franchises will always take a far backseat to the "important" discussions about Mahomes' shoe size and next Thursday Night's "huge" game.   

11 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

They don't care...because nobody outside of Cincinnati (and far-off fans) care. Historic moments for small-size/non-huge revenue producing franchises will always take a far backseat to the "important" discussions about Mahomes' shoe size and next Thursday Night's "huge" game.   

Expect a piece on whoever they can find with relatives upstate dealing with the hurricane aftermath.

With all the presentations, giving Joey B a lift to Hyde Park after, the game on Thursday, and dealing with some health issues I neglected to mention that I got Willie's auto.

20220930_231317.jpg

Now I need to get a plaque made and will need to swap it into a different case, since the plaque will cover up the etched B logo if I put it on that one.

1 hour ago, AmishBengalFan said:

With all the presentations, giving Joey B a lift to Hyde Park after, the game on Thursday, and dealing with some health issues I neglected to mention that I got Willie's auto.

20220930_231317.jpg

Now I need to get a plaque made and will need to swap it into a different case, since the plaque will cover up the etched B logo if I put it on that one.

Thats awesome Amish..

Dont know if you have or thought about getting a Munoz one as well if available.

You could have them as your bookends for something.

Both Bengal HOFers soon..

Archived