Fins Almost A Week

15 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

if the NFLPA forces tua into concussion protocol he clear in time to play, right?

they wanna claim it was his back making him wabble, but he touches his head not his back..

I mean…he was a human bobblehead for the better part of 20 seconds. The fact they said it was his back is laughable. I’m a little old school in that I came up watching boxing, Tua was “out on his feet,” until his legs were just too jell-o-eee. Then, he had had to lean against an o-line man until the trainer got to him. 

I wonder if he passed concussion protocol postgame.

26 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

if the NFLPA forces tua into concussion protocol he clear in time to play, right?

they wanna claim it was his back making him wabble, but he touches his head not his back..

I read it was a head injury falling back from a tackle.

Got his bell rung but came back into the game after a few plays.

You know the the concussion protocol.

I would suspect Tua will play Thursday cuz its important to keep the win streak and to hell with a bruise to the brain.

Brutal business..

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I might call it a big game if it wasn't TNF.  Those are always a coin flip if not a complete clown show. Coming off a road game with only 3 days to prepare? 8:15pm kickoff? Total BS. This is the one TNF game a year that I watch.  Such a shitty product that does nothing but illustrate that the NFL dgaf so long as it makes them one extra dollar. It's like a preseason game that counts.

Yep, plus, it is on Amazon Prime Video and if you don’t have it, no watch, well, except for the sites that bootleg and are two plays behind.  Amazon and one extra dollar for the NFL is spot on. 

42 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

It's not like they're gonna do anything to Tua.  The PA will just blame the medical staff and maybe fire them.  He plays.

1 minute ago, UncleEarl said:

It's not like they're gonna do anything to Tua.  The PA will just blame the medical staff and maybe fire them.  He plays.

Yah, there's no reason Tua would be affected, but I'm pretty sure that both the NFL and the NFLPA will look closely into this. You can't have teams skirting the rules that were invented because it cost the NFL hundreds of millions of dollars. 

6 minutes ago, BengalBuck said:

Yah, there's no reason Tua would be affected, but I'm pretty sure that both the NFL and the NFLPA will look closely into this. You can't have teams skirting the rules that were invented because it cost the NFL hundreds of millions of dollars. 

Don’t you think that if they determine that he should have been under concussion protocol that they would go ahead and place him under said protocol?  :shrug: 

Just now, Cricket said:

Don’t you think that if they determine that he should have been under concussion protocol that they would go ahead and place him under said protocol?  :shrug: 

Not if he tests clean now.  He was cleared.  No way they are going to take him out of action after the fact.

18 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Not if he tests clean now.  He was cleared.  No way they are going to take him out of action after the fact.

Well, he could have bad symptoms in a day or two. It happens in hockey , a player gets his bell ring; goes through the protocol and passes , returns to the game but then feels crappy a day or two later and then enters the protocol again.

Just now, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Well, he could have bad symptoms in a day or two. It happens in hockey , a player gets his bell ring; goes through the protocol and passes , returns to the game but then feels crappy a day or two later and then enters the protocol again.

Oh, for sure.  If he has issues tomorrow or later he "should" enter protocol.  On the other hand a lot of guys will do anything they can to stay out of protocol. 

9 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I suppose so but feel your reaching for

him not to play.

I want to see JB-Tua matchup.

10 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Oh, for sure.  If he has issues tomorrow or later he "should" enter protocol.  On the other hand a lot of guys will do anything they can to stay out of protocol. 

And one will be Tua..

Kid's had some injuries but he's

tough as nails and with the start they've had I cant see him not playing.

Huge game for Both teams at this point.

1 hour ago, Cricket said:

Sorry, I meant not penalized (like the team and doctors should be if he was concussed}. Of course, if he had/has concussion symptoms he should be under the protocol. 

The NFL is investigating per what I read and after I saw the video, there is noway it was a back issue, he slammed the back of his head and was loopy getting up and couldn’t even stand up.  Whatever Doctor approved him to get back in was a quack or Tua refused to stay out or the HC or whomever approved him to go back in or wanted him to go back in.  They need to be investigated. 

10 hours ago, TigerJ@w said:

The NFL is investigating per what I read and after I saw the video, there is noway it was a back issue, he slammed the back of his head and was loopy getting up and couldn’t even stand up.  Whatever Doctor approved him to get back in was a quack or Tua refused to stay out or the HC or whomever approved him to go back in or wanted him to go back in.  They need to be investigated. 

As I understand it if they go into the tent it's no longer up to the team at that point the Docs on the sideline are independent. 

Of course Miami's owner is dirty as hell, seeing as how he was trying to get Brady and Burrow separately and doing so in some pretty shady ways. So if he paid off their sideline Doc, I would not be shocked. I hope the NFLPA does right by Tua and not the Dolphins.

Are you guys actually concerned about that QBs health, or is it related to whether or not the Fins get to play him against us next week?

Be honest with yourselves.  You want it to be the former, but you know it's the latter.

With that confirmed, and it's about getting the W, just ask yourself - would you rather play a team on a short week with their starting QB denying an injury that is likely to make him play beneath his potential OR would you prefer to face another backup QB in the Trubisky / Rush / Flacco mold - QBs we traditionally make look really good and against whom we have a losing record this year - with practically no time to scout or game plan for?

If you want the W.... SINCE you want the W... you want Tungaviola to start. 

8 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Are you guys actually concerned about that QBs health, or is it related to whether or not the Fins get to play him against us next week?

Be honest with yourselves.  You want it to be the former, but you know it's the latter.

With that confirmed, and it's about getting the W, just ask yourself - would you rather play a team on a short week with their starting QB denying an injury that is likely to make him play beneath his potential OR would you prefer to face another backup QB in the Trubisky / Rush / Flacco mold - QBs we traditionally make look really good and against whom we have a losing record this year - with practically no time to scout or game plan for?

If you want the W.... SINCE you want the W... you want Tungaviola to start. 

Why Not Both GIFs | Tenor

Archived