* Dolphins Game Night Thread *

16 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

McDaniel is a fucking teenager ... Teams need an adult as HC, not this douchey hipster who is going to get his players killed.

Tua should have been kept overnight for medical observation and not flying in a pressurized cabin (blood clot risk). But instead he's watching movies with his coach (visual stimuli is also not great post-concussion). 

Steven A was on last night with Hannity (I know... I know... long story) and he was ranting in his own inimitable Steven A style saying exactly the same thing.

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Steven A was on last night with Hannity (I know... I know... long story) and he was ranting in his own inimitable Steven A style saying exactly the same thing.

Injuries make for strange bedfellows. 

5 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Ahh..everyone will get sued…him, the doctors, the owner, all the way up to Roger himself. Targeting one small-fry fall guy isn’t the nature of big-time litigation.

And, whatever litigation that would be filed, will be settled long before any person or organization would face a jury. Everyone is insured, and plenty of jack for everybody. 

Imagine the end result will be erring far on the side of caution where guys are held out automatically for a predetermined amount of time at the first indication of any kind of head injury.  It's gonna suck when a star player is forced to miss a game that is honestly feeling ok but self-reporting and complicit team doctors are obviously not getting the job done.  Everyone wants their favorites playing 16 games a year but I'd also like them to be able to sign autographs with their name instead of an "X" when they're retired.

Should mandate these Vicis 02 helmets, and upgrade whenever available.  This whole thing where they "look weird" is ridiculous, in 2 weeks no one would notice or care. 

jb-8-1024x683.jpg

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Imagine the end result will be erring far on the side of caution where guys are held out automatically for a predetermined amount of time at the first indication of any kind of head injury.  It's gonna suck when a star player is forced to miss a game that is honestly feeling ok but self-reporting and complicit team doctors are obviously not getting the job done.  Everyone wants their favorites playing 16 games a year but I'd also like them to be able to sign autographs with their name instead of an "X" when they're retired.

Should mandate these Vicis 02 helmets, and upgrade whenever available.  This whole thing where they "look weird" is ridiculous, in 2 weeks no one would notice or care. 

jb-8-1024x683.jpg

Feeling OK doesn’t mean you are OK.  That’s why there are protocols.  The NFL protocol is a joke.  It will get them shredded in court. 

Also, there isn’t a helmet that has been shown to do anything to protect from a concussion.  It’s all BS.  Your brain sits in you head and can move around.  If your head stops fast you brain is going to ram into your skull.  Helmets protect against skull fractures, but do little to stop concussions. 

21 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

^ Tua needs to lawyer up right now as he can make more in his lawsuit than he ever could in his playing career (could win a billion dollar settlement)

Sounds easy…but it isn’t. 

The primary defense (for team and league, doctors notwithstanding) will be assumption of risk. 

He is not an incompetent, he is not a minor child. He is not being forced to participate. He is being paid, whether he plays or not. 

This by no means concludes that potential defendants would not have a large liability exposure. However, one left-out component to any claims he would have, would be that of quantifiable present/permanent damages. At present, he is hurt but still making his contract. Who is to say that full recovery will not be made, he continues to play, and even gets another contract. There has to be something tangible—now—in order to justify that “billion dollar settlement”.

Civil litigation damages are paid for in money. Where is the money loss now…not 10 years hence..now?  

45 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Apologies, but I'm not twelve.  Does that translate to "they threw the doctor under the bus"?

Ye verily cousin, they didst offer up the learned doctor as penance for their own misdeeds, yet none were fooled and their falsehoods laid bare, praise be

The NFL needs to hold Miami accountable, for starters they could do something like: 

- Loss of a 1st rd draft pick 

- 10 million dollar fine that gets donated to CTE research 

- McDaniel suspended for 1 game 

- Outside neurologist watchdog paid by the NFL sent to all Dolphins games to monitor the rest of the season. 

2 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

I'm gonna say it again, the media is probably at some point going to realize that a spinal cord concussion is a thing, and it should not be considered "less severe" than a brain injury, even if medically it is - sports-wise, it is not.

Yes..

Were talking about a spinal cord concussion.

Is it possible he hurt his back the week before and a head concussion this week?

3 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

I'm gonna say it again, the media is probably at some point going to realize that a spinal cord concussion is a thing, and it should not be considered "less severe" than a brain injury, even if medically it is - sports-wise, it is not.

Read about this as compression injuries from soldiers hitting mines & IEDs.  MRAP or w/e soaks up the immediate damage but physics are physics and we're pretty squishy in the end.

I think Tua should seriously consider retiring.

No disrespect or dislike of the young man intended.

He is especially vulnerable after two of these things

and might not get up from the next one.

He should also sue the fudge out of anyone even remotely connected with putting him out there Thursday night and/or putting him on the

plane on the way home.

Archived