* Dolphins Game Night Thread *

16 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Let me translate that joint statement as well:

"Due diligence, cant sue me, neener-neener-neener" :sport27:

Fuck rhar, I will still sue...they tried to fuck me, I would try to fuck them back (with some protection).

What can I say, I would be a very vengeful bastard...

25 minutes ago, DanvilleBengal said:

Fuck rhar, I will still sue...they tried to fuck me, I would try to fuck them back (with some protection).

What can I say, I would be a very vengeful bastard...

Like the actual lawyers pointed out, gonna be hard to win that case with a signed contract to play a full-contact sport.  They fired a doctor & look poised to add another rule.  So Miami lied on an injury report - people call the Hoodie a genius when he does it. They only provide those for the bookies anyhow, it's not like it's holy writ.  

I do think this injury scared some sense into them, but only so much.  NFL & NFLPA will some noise, agree they all like money very much & effectively change very little.  Frankly my guess is that the broadcasters will just cut away from injuries a lot faster & not show these guys rolling around on the turf.  Who the hell wants to watch someone's knee implode in slow motion anyway?

:Thoughtful-min:  :steelerssuck:

tl;dr

7 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I think Tua should seriously consider retiring.

No disrespect or dislike of the young man intended.

He is especially vulnerable after two of these things

and might not get up from the next one.

He should also sue the fudge out of anyone even remotely connected with putting him out there Thursday night and/or putting him on the

plane on the way home.

I think he really needs to seriously consider it.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Like the actual lawyers pointed out, gonna be hard to win that case with a signed contract to play a full-contact sport.  They fired a doctor & look poised to add another rule.  So Miami lied on an injury report - people call the Hoodie a genius when he does it. They only provide those for the bookies anyhow, it's not like it's holy writ.  

I do think this injury scared some sense into them, but only so much.  NFL & NFLPA will some noise, agree they all like money very much & effectively change very little.  Frankly my guess is that the broadcasters will just cut away from injuries a lot faster & not show these guys rolling around on the turf.  Who the hell wants to watch someone's knee implode in slow motion anyway?

tl;dr

th-2.jpeg

CREAM

Eric Clapton, Jack Bruce and Hayden Hurst (l.)

5 hours ago, T-Dub said:

tl;dr

In Tua's case I don't think it would be that hard if he truly has a career ending issue.  You can't expect someone with a concussion to make good decisions.  That's why there are allegedly qualified neutral observers in place.  It's not the initial concussion that could hurt the NFL, it's allowing guys to play and have the second one.  Also, the protocol the NFL uses is very lenient as compared to others I am aware of.  This is the protocol I've seen implemented in other professional sports.

Sunday:  Concussion

Monday:  If no symptoms light exercise the next day

Tuesday:  Light exercise (bike, jog, etc.)

Wednesday:  Symptoms?  If symptoms wait until clear and repeat light exercise, if not move forward.

Thursday:  Non contact practice

Friday:  Symptoms?  If symptoms wait until clear and repeat non contact practice, if not move forward

Saturday:  Contact practice

Sunday:  Symptoms?  If none, cleared to play. 

That is a perfect scenario.  No way a guy with a concussion on Sunday should even play the next week.  Tee Higgins should have been held out Week 2 if the NFL followed a protocol similar to this one.  Lawyers would certainly bring this up.  Why is the NFL protocol so short?  Why do other sports use more rigorous protocols?  We all know why.  There is a ton of money on the line and there are only 17 weeks to play.  The fact the the NFL made changes this week shows that they know they are in a vulnerable position.  They wouldn't change shit otherwise.

Saying Tua needs to retire is not an easy call.  Not everyone who has this type of head trauma gets CTE or  has lingering symptoms.  Any of you follow Dick Butkus on Twitter?  He's hilarious, 78, and sharp as a tack.  You know he had his head beat around plenty.  Why didn't it happen to him?  No one really knows or understands.  We really don't understand shit about concussions.  Some guys clear these things quickly, others do not.  Tua was put in a terrible situation to get Second Impact Syndrome.  We'll see how he recovers.  I hope those around him will make sure he doesn't rush back into action.  If he has lingering symptoms then considering retirement would make sense. 

On 10/1/2022 at 5:34 AM, Le Tigre said:

Ahh..everyone will get sued…him, the doctors, the owner, all the way up to Roger himself. Targeting one small-fry fall guy isn’t the nature of big-time litigation.

And, whatever litigation that would be filed, will be settled long before any person or organization would face a jury. Everyone is insured, and plenty of jack for everybody. 

Yes.  Like when they "settled" for whatever it was, something like $250M, and then the judge said....no, no, no....make it $750M, and they still got off cheap.

Archived