Rats Week and a Half

When we were 0-2, I was thinking that we'd win the next two, thus going 2-2 after 4.  We all know about breaking the season down to quarters (except there's a 17th game now), and that if we go 3-1 in the next four, also, then we'd be 5-3 and everyone will have forgotten about the 0-2 start.

1 minute ago, Le Tigre said:

Lamar Jackson Is Quickly Rising Up MVP Lists—Because Once Again He Has to Do It All

https://www.theringer.com/platform/amp/nfl/2022/9/29/23378476/lamar-jackson-mvp-race-baltimore-ravens-offense

I still think the key is shutting down his running and force him to throw.

We will really miss Reader.

Now thinking they will sign someone since they have a long week to do so and get them

half way up to speed.

Maybe a Rent-A-Suh?  Suh>than anyone we have got at the moment?

X interior D lineman forcing Lemur to run to either Hendrickson or Hubbard?

Dunno...

14 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I still think the key is shutting down his running and force him to throw.

He ran for 88 yards on 12 carries against us in the first game last year. Did not play the 2nd game against us. 

Agreed that this is the key. Or get our running game together so we can put together long scoring drives and keep him off the field.

Why not both? 

35 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

He ran for 88 yards on 12 carries against us in the first game last year. Did not play the 2nd game against us. 

Agreed that this is the key. Or get our running game together so we can put together long scoring drives and keep him off the field.

Why not both? 

Lemir ran for 107 vs NE.

I have lost my faith in Mixon.  Or the running game.  

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

That's what I was thinking last night.

So why not go to our strength, the passing game.

Pass to set up the run.

And, for Heaven's sake... get the plays and execution off faster!

The ball was out of Tua's hands as soon as he got it.

And I think Joe's suit looked more like grandma's wall paper than upholstery.

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Lemir ran for 107 vs NE.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

That's what I was thinking last night.

So why not go to our strength, the passing game.

Pass to set up the run.

And, for Heaven's sake... get the plays and execution off faster!

The ball was out of Tua's hands as soon as he got it.

And I think Joe's suit looked more like grandma's wall paper than upholstery.

yep.. it was awesome 

3 hours ago, Shebengal said:

Why not both? 

Jackson was dinged in the first Ratbirds matchup last season.  A healthy Lamar Jackson is a tough matchup.  Can’t leave points on the field next week.  

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Think I'm ready to see some RB-by-committee until one of those guys shows something.  Mixon could've just been worn down by the short week but he looked like he was wearing lead shoes out there.

On 9/30/2022 at 4:10 PM, Le Tigre said:

There was actually some decent push from the interior OL--some good seams to cut back through. He just moved as quick as a glacier towards them. 

There was one play running to the right where I expected Mixon to accelerate around the corner, but he decided to cut back into the pursuit in the middle of the line. What I thought was going to be a nice gain turned into a loss. It's only four games, so maybe he'll turn it around, but I'll say this: when running backs hit THE WALL of decline, it happens fast.

13 hours ago, Sox said:

There was one play running to the right where I expected Mixon to accelerate around the corner, but he decided to cut back into the pursuit in the middle of the line. What I thought was going to be a nice gain turned into a loss. It's only four games, so maybe he'll turn it around, but I'll say this: when running backs hit THE WALL of decline, it happens fast.

Exactly IMHO

The Wall of Decline part.  Mentioned in an article on Bengals Wire.

Not sure if this is the play you are referring to but the 4th and one at the goal... I thought the running outside

was his decision and not the way the play was supposed to go even though Zac got roasted.

Looked, to me, like his blockers on the right were getting mauled and he decided to dip back a bit and slot

to the outside to get dropped for a loss.

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Exactly IMHO

Not sure if this is the play you are referring to but the 4th and one at the goal... I thought the running outside

was his decision and not the way the play was supposed to go even though Zac got roasted.

Looked, to me, like his blockers on the right were getting mauled and he decided to dip back a bit and slot

The ball was snapped with 7:11 left in the 4th. 

11 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Exactly IMHO

I've read he had an ankle issue but still...Perine is a good backup with blocking skills

but when do we see what Evans has to offer as a RB for more than a play here and there? 

I still don't understand Harbaugh going for it on 4th down instead of kicking the FG (altho I'm glad he did). Did't he lose a couple games last year because of  that?

Take the points you f*cking moron.

Archived