Rats Week and a Half

2 hours ago, gupps said:

I still don't understand Harbaugh going for it on 4th down instead of kicking the FG (altho I'm glad he did). Did't he lose a couple games last year because of  that?

Take the points you f*cking moron.

Yes he did and at the end of those games too, I dont have a problem going for it, but not at the end of games. Not mad they did though lol

On 9/30/2022 at 9:53 AM, Shebengal said:

He ran for 88 yards on 12 carries against us in the first game last year. Did not play the 2nd game against us. 

Agreed that this is the key. Or get our running game together so we can put together long scoring drives and keep him off the field.

Why not both? 

I agree..

Make him pass...

Easier said than done.

Great running ability to say the least.

Most exciting runner I've witnessed 

but not so great passing..

The Pittsburgh Pick Its play Buffalo

and the Clowns play the Chargers.

What an opportunity for us to make a statement,

take a giant step in to first place.

I see a fire in the fireplace and Bengals football Sunday night.

I honestly think our D can keep Lemur's running in check and out

defensive backs will feast on his throws.

Just hope I'm right.  For a change.

Still waiting to see what roster moves we will make this week.

With all of the “throwback” ensembles, gets me thinking “What is a Rat throwback”? 

Well, it’s the original 1996 way-too-big numbers/logo on this guy named Vinny for one 

image.jpeg.ece69b67547bc1791072c67812c9dcb9.jpeg

Oh, and they moved from the Cleveland Rat Trap, to the old Colt Rat Trap

image.jpeg.088105f34ee89563b8a9eda3f60c403b.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

With all of the “throwback” ensembles, gets me thinking “What is a Rat throwback”? 

Well, it’s the original 1996 way-too-big numbers/logo on this guy named Vinny for one 

image.jpeg.ece69b67547bc1791072c67812c9dcb9.jpeg

Oh, and they moved from the Cleveland Rat Trap, to the old Colt Rat Trap

image.jpeg.088105f34ee89563b8a9eda3f60c403b.jpeg

I was living in Southern MD at that time and got to take in a game at Memorial Mausoleum.  Funny thing, the home team, which was "born" in 1996, seemed awfully familiar...

Baltimore Browns.jpg

Never let 'em forget....   

11530928-large[1].jpg

November 5, 1995 - Cleveland Browns owner Art Modell, together with Executive VP Al Lerner and Maryland Governor Parris Glendening, announced that the Cleveland Browns would be moving. The Baltimore Browns (later renamed "Ravens") would begin play in 1996 at Memorial Stadium until a new football-only stadium would be completed adjacent to Camden Yards.

51164702757_40dbebb85c_b[1].jpg

Gov. Glendening: "This is truly a proud moment in the long and rich history of this proud city of Baltimore and this state of Maryland as we welcome the Baltimore Browns!"

After threatening litigation, the city of Cleveland would later be given an expansion franchise in 1999. That new team, ironically enough, would be headed-up by Al Lerner, the same man who engineered the Browns' departure to Maryland and upon whose private jet the final contracts with the Maryland Stadium Authority would be signed while sitting on the tarmac at Baltimore-Washington International Airport. Without Lerner spearheading the effort, the Browns would never have been able to move to Maryland.

Paradoxically, Browns fans have immortalized Lerner - who has since passed away - by wearing jerseys that bear his "A.L." initials on the sleeve. The patch was subsequently removed following the 2012 season by new owner Jimmy Haslam - the 4th owner since the teams' founding in 1999.

On 10/3/2022 at 4:52 AM, gupps said:

I still don't understand Harbaugh going for it on 4th down instead of kicking the FG (altho I'm glad he did). Did't he lose a couple games last year because of  that?

Take the points you f*cking moron.

ya know i think he did... a few years ago didnt he win on a few of those calls too, im assuming he has a sub 50% success rate at this point.

that shit and a likely $300mil QB who cant win big games will get a fella fired here soon.

On 10/3/2022 at 6:38 AM, High School Harry said:

Monday.

Drew Sample and D.J. Reader on IR.

Who takes their places?

Cam Taylor-Britt off IR (eligible?  Too valuable to let sit there and gather dust.)

Sign a DT?

Other options?  Someone off the practice squad... or someone else's?

Only The Shadow knows...

sounds like Prince may be one, not sure if we are eyeing anyone off roster, lots of tricky roster windows happening in the next 30 days for alots of guys.

7 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

After threatening litigation,

Oh it was more than a threat…the City filed a muddling “breach of contract kinda” action against Art/League/MD Stadium Commission. I look periodically on line for the actual text of both the original complaint and eventual settlement agreement, but have had no luck. Would love to see both again. 

I recall a portion of the settlement agreement that dealt with the “history” retention by the eventual Facsimile Franchise. How that was arranged was an oddity of Orwellian “we exist, we have always existed” and-at the same time to the new Rats: “what you have now never existed…not players/staff/anything”

The power of legal wordings, I reckon. 

Archived