2023 Ring Of Honor Nominees

2023 Ring of Honor Nominees (pick 2)  

31 members have voted

1. 1. 2023 Ring of Honor Nominees (pick 2)

• Jim Breech
    • James Brooks
    • Cris Collinsworth
    • Corey Dillon
    • Boomer Esiason
    • David Fulcher
    • Chad Johnson
    • Tim Krumrie
    • Dave Lapham
    • Max Montoya
    • Lemar Parrish
    • Bob Trumpy
    • Reggie Williams

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/18/2023 at 03:15 AM

Going under the presumption that two more honorees will be enshrined in the Ring next season, which of this year's remaining nominees would get your vote, and what two individuals should be added to the list to replace Willie Anderson and Isaac Curtis?

For the poll, I am presuming that the 14th and 15th nominees will NOT be enshrined in 2023, as anyone that influential would've likely been nominated ahead of the other 13 who have already appeared at least one time on the ballot.

If voting, please select two.  There is no way to enforce this, so let's use the honor system.

2023 BENGALS RING OF HONOR NOMINEES

• Jim Breech
  • James Brooks
  • Cris Collinsworth
  • Corey Dillon
  • Boomer Esiason
  • David Fulcher
  • Chad Johnson
  • Tim Krumrie
  • Dave Lapham
  • Max Montoya
  • Lemar Parrish
  • Bob Trumpy
  • Reggie Williams

I haven't voted yet, but the two names I would add to the list to bring them back up to 15 would be;

Geno Atkins - The only Bengal named to multiple 1st Team All-Pro Teams (2012, 2015) not already on the Ring or on the Nominee list, and 2nd all-time in Pro Bowl appearances (8), trailing only Anthony Muñoz (11).

Andrew Whitworth - 2nd round selection in 2006.  Eleven seasons in Cincy.  Started every game but the first four during his rookie season, a then-record 170 consecutive games including six playoff starts. Three Pro Bowls, two All-Pros (including 1st Team in 2015).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Is Bob Johnson on bad terms with the team?

First Bengal drafted by the team.

Paul Brown had praised his career.

Still the best center theyve had..

The only number (54) the team ever retired..

He's not even on the ballot..

Strange to me..

He sat in front of me at Riverfront.

• Upvote 1

I voted for Chad and Boomer, but wish I had it back now. As far as Chad goes he's a borderline hall of famer, he's the greatest ambassador this team has, he loves the city, he loves the fans, and most of us love him back. Put ocho cinco on the ring of honor in Paycor stadium now.

Boomer???... I doubt he would even show up to the ceremony. 

I would replace Boomer with Dave Lapham. Dave has also been a great ambassador for this franchise and I believe that it would mean more to him and Chad to receive such an honor,

I think Krumrie is a no brainer.

I voted Fulcher 2nd, do people not remember the area he had in Riverfront that hosted Fulchers Vultures?

He was a great safety who could change games as a roving hard hitter.

He was Jack Tatum, an enforcer type player that played cleaner, LOL. 

And I still think we should add 3-5 nominees every year, we have plenty of good players to do that.

• Upvote 1

On 10/1/2022 at 7:29 PM, claptonrocks said:

Is Bob Johnson on bad terms with the team?

First Bengal drafted by the team.

Paul Brown had praised his career.

Still the best center theyve had..

The only number (54) the team ever retired..

He's not even on the ballot..

Strange to me..

His number is already retired.  Kind of counts?

• Upvote 1

Using the "old school/new school theme, I went with Boomer... and Lemar Parrish. I guess that's two old schoolers (one old, one ancient), I don't know. I'm sure a number of folks don't remember him, but that guy was electric. As good a player Riley was, and certainly longevity and stats-wise his career overshadows Parrish's, Lemar was a terrific player too.  6-time Pro Bowler, a real game-changer. Super quick and fast, got his hands on a lot of footballs, and was a fantastic punt returner. I wasn't very old and was just getting into football watching when he played, but I remember at some point he was traded... which didn't happen a lot back then. He ended up going to the Redskins and maybe somewhere after that. 

Corey and Chad and Krumrie deserve to get in too, IMO, and for all he's done as "Mr. Bengal," I'd be cool with Lap making it at some point. He was a good player, too. Really versatile.

The others - all very good players, just wouldn't put them in over the others I'd select. Like any select group like this, someone always gets left out, unfortunately. That said, I'm a SF Giants fan, and there's a wall of fame with individual player plaques that are hung on the concrete around the stadium. And it's got a helluva lot of guys where I was like, WTF? Him? He was meh. So, whatever!

Anyway, I'm sure Parrish won't get in, but he was something. 

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Do we think Corey and the Bengals will get on good terms for him to get on the ring? Strictly by his play he deserves it, but he left pretty badly.

I want to say I heard an interview around the 50th anniversary with Dillon, and that they are on good terms now.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Do we think Corey and the Bengals will get on good terms for him to get on the ring? Strictly by his play he deserves it, but he left pretty badly.

3 hours ago, Cat said:

I want to say I heard an interview around the 50th anniversary with Dillon, and that they are on good terms now.

Yes, Corey and the Bengals are on very good terms.  Below is a picture of Corey and two fans at PBS at a Bengals reunion event.  The fat boy on the left now weighs a lot less.

IMG_0092.jpeg

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

One player that most fans want on for his total commitment is Krumrie.

Its time to recognize and honor him..

From the first time I saw him play, I knew he was something special. That was 1983. He was splitting time as a rookie with another decent NT named Jerry Boyarski. Tim just kept making plays..had this wrestling-like sort of “throw” he used to unhitch from blockers (made sense, he was a wrestler in school).

The following year, I ordered my first Bengal jersey from Koch’s Sporting Goods. I could think of none more suited than #69. Still have it, and wear it (when it fits 😀)

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

From the first time I saw him play, I knew he was something special. That was 1983. He was splitting time as a rookie with another decent NT named Jerry Boyarski. Tim just kept making plays..had this wrestling-like sort of “throw” he used to unhitch from blockers (made sense, he was a wrestler in school).

The following year, I ordered my first Bengal jersey from Koch’s Sporting Goods. I could think of none more suited than #69. Still have it, and wear it (when it fits 😀)

In the first week of camp Krumrie began kicking top pick Dave Rimington's ass.  They ended up in a scrap and Krumrie told him, "get used to it for the next 10 years!"  Rimington didn't last that long.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1